Pulstar With Mame4All?

Optimistic said:
Has anyone gotten this to work? I just get a black screen after the loading screen.

Try the Neo CD version with the NeoCD emu.

Works for me, I had the same problem with Metal slug 2.
The rom version didn't work with MAME but the neo CD version worked with the NeoCD emu

Last edited by a moderator:
Pulstar doesn't work with Mame4all Wiz at the moment due to memory problems. You also can try FinalBurn Alpha. But I haven't test it yet...

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/wiz.cgi?0,0,0,0,71,35

This ran the NeoCD version of Pulstar for me nicely

IIRC the same thing happened with the PSP neogeo emu's.

NeoGeoCD ran better than the rom versions

AMADEUS said:
IIRC the same thing happened with the PSP neogeo emu's.

NeoGeoCD ran better than the rom versions
Pulstar ran fine with GNGeo on the GP2X. Since there is no GnGeo ported to the Wiz I guess the CD one will be the only choice for now. The NeoCD version I have tried gets all kinds of pauses and slowdowns though. I haven't found a way to overclock as the Neo CD emu has no options that I could find.

sbock said:
Pulstar doesn't work with Mame4all Wiz at the moment due to memory problems. You also can try FinalBurn Alpha. But I haven't test it yet...

In fact the available memory for MAME in the WIZ is only 26 MB (10 MB in the Linux area and 16 MB in the upper area)... Not enough memory to play Pulstar or Metal Slug 2 (they need about 32 MB of RAM only to load the ROMs...).

Franxis said:
sbock said:

In fact the available memory for MAME in the WIZ is only 26 MB (10 MB in the Linux area and 16 MB in the upper area)... Not enough memory to play Pulstar or Metal Slug 2 (they need about 32 MB of RAM only to load the ROMs...).
Where did all of that other memory go? I thought it had 64 MB not 26 MB? The GP2X ran these games just fine (using GNGeo) with 64MB and some cache files for the larger games. Does this mean the Wiz really only has half the useable RAM of the GP2X?

I just tested Pulstar with FBA and it works very well, like many other NeoGeo games.
400 MHz and RAM tweaks from notaz do the job for fullspeed.

Regards,
Stephan

sbock said:
I just tested Pulstar with FBA and it works very well, like many other NeoGeo games.
400 MHz and RAM tweaks from notaz do the job for fullspeed.

Regards,
Stephan
How did you get it to work? I tried it and as soon as I tried loading Pulstar it dumped me out of the emu instantly. I don't know how it could work, isn't the game ROM bigger than the available RAM?

You must create a cache file with this tool:

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/gp2x.cgi?,0,0,0,15,2682

Regards,
Stephan

Back