[psp] Bad Reviews For 3 Newest Us Games

tekt5

NazcaBeer Spokesman
Website
Visit site
Well I was eagerly awaiting the arrival of midnight club 3, dead to rights, and coded arms. After seeing some of the bad ratings and reading reviews online I became very skeptical of all 3. I went ahead and picked up midnight club 3 anyway. Other than the long loading times I don't see why it got such bad reviews. Surely people can't be that impatient. The gfx are amazing as is everything else. Controls are completly customizable. It just seems like it should've gotten a better rating. I also went ahead and traded in ridge racers (don't worry I beat it :lol: ) and got dead to rights. Also a VERY impressive game. the camera kinda sucks since you can't control it with a second analog stick. I also believe this game should have gotten a much much better score than it did. Now I haven't yet picked up coded arms but I'm assuming that it is the same deal.

Anyone else care to comment?

so far from what i've read about Coded Arms, you either hate it or you love it. No real inbetween. I might buy it eventually, but the lack of infastructure mode has turned me off on it.

coded arms is aiight, not bad at all. just gets boring quick, for me anyway. i'm no good with these types of games anyway.

I liked DTR on the xbox, thought MC was ok and have never played Coded Arms.

I'll give them a try soon on the PSP, and tell you what I think.

It depends on the Reviewer..... You could get a Reviewer that likes only Sports games and Hates Action games etc.....

Like in the TV Magazine they review films and give them starts out of 5... Some reviewer git gave this Very good funny film 1 star and when you looked in other magazines they gave it 4 or 5.....

I've learned not to put much weight into what the reviewers say. The quality of gameplay is a very subjective thing, and I don't believe that another person can really tell you whether you'll like gameplay or not. For example, some people despise Shenmue's gameplay with a passion, but I think it's the most amazing game (along with Shenmue II) that has ever been produced.

As far as graphics, sound, and production value (glitchiness, etc), I think reviews can be trusted on those.

As far as graphics, sound, and production value (glitchiness, etc), I think reviews can be trusted on those.

that's just it though. many reviews ripped on MC3 for slow framrate. It's really not bad at all. Not as good as the ps2 version of course but that expected

yeah despite the bad reviews I ended up liking coded arms quite a bit, though it did get repetitive kinda quickly. Freakin gorgeous game though for a handheld.

Back