Problems With Goldeneye 007 On Wii :(

Magic Sam

Forever Homebrew
Hi,

I'd like to know if someone else here have bought GoldenEye 007 on Wii ?

I have some problems with this game, am I alone ?

1- The game has just frozen in the second half of the first mission in Russia. I was waiting for 006 to open a locked door for me, then one high pitched note, frozen screen, I had to reboot :(

EDIT: I've managed to go through this first mission, carefully, by saving after every checkpoint ;)

2- The online game is unplayable if you suffer from high ping on a foreign server. The whole game becomes choppy, with a very low framerate... It has nothing to do with lost packets IMHO.

p.s: it's a first generation PAL Wii from 2006, with the latest Homebrew Channel / BootMii installed, and I'm launching the game with Gecko OS.

Bye, and thanks for your help !

Magic Sam, aka [T0><!K] in this game...

Magic Sam said:
Hi,

I'd like to know if someone else here have bought GoldenEye 007 on Wii ?

I have some problems with this game, am I alone ?

1- The game has just frozen in the second half of the first mission in Russia. I was waiting for 006 to open a locked door for me, then one high pitched note, frozen screen, I had to reboot :(

EDIT: I've managed to go through this first mission, carefully, by saving after every checkpoint ;)

2- The online game is unplayable if you suffer from high ping on a foreign server. The whole game becomes choppy, with a very low framerate... It has nothing to do with lost packets IMHO.

p.s: it's a first generation PAL Wii from 2006, with the latest Homebrew Channel / BootMii installed, and I'm launching the game with Gecko OS.

Bye, and thanks for your help !

Magic Sam, aka [T0><!K] in this game...

Try launching the game with the latest version of Neogamma and try updating your IOS. I had problems with Monster Hunter 3: Tri, and it worked flawlessly after I installed the latest version of Neogamma and updating my IOS. Try the latest version of NeoGamma first.

You can find NeoGamma on Filetrip.net.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Com64,

Thanks for your reply, but NeoGamma seems to be an app used for launching backups, not my kind of stuff...

I'll have a look at the IOSes installed in my Wii though :)

Bye, Magic Sam

Magic Sam said:
Hi Com64,

Thanks for your reply, but NeoGamma seems to be an app used for launching backups, not my kind of stuff...

Bye, Magic Sam
I thought you were loading a backup; these kinds of problems seem typical of backups of new games. Well, Neogamma runs real discs as well...

I have no choice but to launch backups on mine; the DVD drive is broken.
You could try running a backup; when running them from a hard disc or flash drive, I find the backups run better and faster than the actual game disc.
Maybe it is just a glitch in the game. I was thinking of getting this game next weekend, so I might try it out then.

You might just have a bad copy. Try taking it back to the store and explain that you are having problems with it and need a replacement.

I guess you are not alone:
http://www.gamefaqs....ye-007/56996263

On that page I just posted right there, it mentions having problems with earlier Wii consoles. It's great you found a temporary workaround for single player, though.

By the way, I can't seem to get any game working online properly, except for Mario Kart. I just got a new internet service, a much slower one. :( Some games connect, but during gameplay, they suddenly lose connection or start bugging up.

About the lag problem, watch here

It seems that other players are experiencing the same issue I had...

Long before DSL connections, I used to play Quakes online with a 33k modem, so I know what high pings can do to a game, but I never noticed such a slowness though...

Is it server-side or client-side, in your opinion ?

I played the game online yesterday, there is no "master" server, players do host games themselves...

Bye, Magic Sam

It is most likely a problem on the client side. It really seems like a bug in the game; I hope the developers fix it if it is a bug.

I know it's a problem on the client side because if it was a server problem, you would see other players standing still or moving in weird increments, losing connection, or something like that. If it was a server problem, there is no way the game could lag like that, from what I know. That kind of lag looks like Portal when I try to run it on my netbook. The game usually runs smoothly, but when it's on a large level, or there is a lot going on on the screen, it starts to slow down and the video and audio get really choppy; updating down to once every half a second.

How is the condition of the Wii when it lags? does it feel hot to the touch? Does it sound noisy?

Magic Sam said:
Hi Com64,

Bye, Magic Sam

am i right understanding now that if ive updated to the newest homebrew channel i can go ahead and perform a system update????

You're better off using Dop-Mii to update any outdated IOS' you may need.

CUPC4KES said:
Magic Sam said:
Hi Com64,

Bye, Magic Sam

am i right understanding now that if ive updated to the newest homebrew channel i can go ahead and perform a system update????
I'd advise against doing a system update if you have the homebrew channel. I believe there is a way to update and keep the homebrew channel (updating the firmware on the Wii gets rid of soft mods) and I've done it, I just can't remember what the heck I did.

Back