Problems Running Emulators

Lazarus404

Still Fresh
Hey guys,

I've copied the Mame emulator and the PocketSnes emulator to an SD card in my Wiz and also copied the Mame to the Nand partition in my Wiz. However, when any of them are run it shows the loading screen forever with the Mac like circular symbol (which I assume is supposed to animate, but it doesn't). Am I doing something wrong? Does anyone else have this problem?

EDIT:

Man, it's agonising. I've updated the firmware to 1.1.0 in case that was the problem, but still no dice. I've tried putting the files in Nand, in the SD card, inside the game directory and outside of the game directory. I've tried alsorts. Still, none of the emulators I've downloaded from this site work. I get the Loading... screen with the non-animating circle of circles, and it freezes. Please, if anyone has any idea's, help me out of my misery :-(

EDIT:

Okay, so I copied Albion to the SD card, too, to see if that works. It gets to Loading..., then it goes to a black screen and then goes to the Wiz Menu screen. Same thing happens if I copy the game to Nand. Do I have a duff Wiz?

EDIT:

Okay, here's a question. Am I supposed to write ini files for these emulators / games? If so, how? I noticed a game I downloaded had one, and wasn't sure if all the apps I use should have one.

Sorry if I seem like I'm moaning, but it's frustrating, and this could be good info for other noobs.

Thanks,
Laz

No,m you don't need to write ini files; ie: The ini file is optional, and makes it show up in the one menu. If you're using the browse-to-an-app method to launch, you just invoke it.

Its probably 'hanging forever' as .. the Wiz menu exits to invoke an app, and the app is responsible for re-invoking the launcher. (I usually use a wrapper script myself, so if the app crashes the script will invoke the Wiz launcher, which makes it a lot safer.)

So presumably you're invoking apps that do not include a wrapper script and fire the launcher on their own exit, but instead they cannot run, and so everythin just fails.

If this is the case, the question is .. are you missing something all these apps need (such as a shared library. Did you go and delete a lib* or a .so file from NAND?) It seems unlikely all these apps are broken in the same fashion, so thats my guess :) Still, a reflash should have fixed that up..

So hmrf.

jeff

Hey Skeezix,

Thanks for replying. I did a search on google for the same apps and tried those, and lo and behold, they work. For some reason, although I downloaded from the Wiz section of this site, the apps seem to be GP2X compatible but not Wiz compatible... Is someone not keeping an eye on their files? ;)

Thanks again,
Laz

Back