Problems I Have With My Pandora

Thanks for the new responses ED.

For what little it's worth, we had an xbox360 controller here where one of the joysticks had a "grinding2 feel to it, like there was sand stuck in the device somewhere. I don't think it was like that on day 1 (it wasn't my gamepad) but it was very noticeable for a while - but simply vanished over time. Now it's as smooth as silk.

The right nub feels like it is grinding across plastic ,might really be small particals inside ,its only at the top half moon of the nub ,also i am a lefty so im not as bothered ,if it was the left nub it would really anoy me,reminds me of n64 anolog after like 3 days it would be grrr ,then after that when you buy a new n64 pad you don't let anyone near it ,it's like golden eye multiplayer ,emm you take that one ! ;)

Most of the stiffness in any control device will most likely appear after you used it for a while.

Hmm, I can see that LCD bezel on your picture (which is weird, as it is certainly glued there), but it looks way worse on the picture than in real life... I guess that's related to that stupid copper tape we need to apply because of CE.
We need to think about that...

The battery looks fine for me - yes, the wrapping doesn't look perfect (well, it looks like most wrapped batteries ;)), but usually, you don't remove it that often, so it certainly shouldn't cause troubles.

What I can't see on any pictures is that the color wears off... can you give me a clue there?

No ,colour not wearing off ,it's a kind of shiny look to parts of the case where it has been touched ,all i am asking is ,will the paint wear off ? what can i use to clean the case plastics with and are the shiny parts of the case anything to worry about.

It's like a greesy look to parts of the case that gets touched more than other parts ,i have no idea if that can be cleaned so it looks normal like the rest of the case ,that is all my friend.

sorry ,need to ask ,does the pandora make noise ? quiet buzzing ,not plugged into the mains and sometimes a boing noise lol ... hell knows man :unsure:

anyway ,you get yourself home ,hope your flight is sorted in the morning and you get a relaxing night sleep ,again thanks for being here to help with this.

Paddy

paddy said:
No ,colour not wearing off ,it's a kind of shiny look to parts of the case where it has been touched ,all i am asking is ,will the paint wear off ? what can i use to clean the case plastics with and are the shiny parts of the case anything to worry about.

Aaaah, that's what you meant :)
You should be able to clean it with a soft cloth. That's how I did it :)

sorry ,need to ask ,does the pandora make noise ? quiet buzzing ,not plugged into the mains and sometimes a boing noise lol ... hell knows man :unsure:

Might be WiFi or Bluetooth, that does often make sound on some devices (my NDS does that :D)
Should be very quiet though and only hearable when you don't play any sounds...

anyway ,you get yourself home ,hope your flight is sorted in the morning and you get a relaxing night sleep ,again thanks for being here to help with this.

Yeah, should go at 8:05 am tomorrow morning.. :)
Won't be relaxing, have to get up in 5 hours and want to work on the next OS hotfix :D

Last edited:
@Paddy - Do pardon my asking, but can you hear white-noise from other electronic devices, as well? I ask just in case it's not the Pandora making the noise, so to speak, but you being able to hear it. Not all people grow out of hearing those frequencies. :p

Hi Prometheus ,i know what you mean but no there is a very low buzzing noise ,you can hear it at all times at night when the house is quiet ,there is also this Boing noise that sounds like emm a bow and arrow when you ping the string.

I ask about this as i need to know if it's normal and nothing to worry about ,it could be the sheilding not doing it's job with the wifi ,i use my psp at night as well and a laptop ,no sound from them at all ,so not my hearing lol i am not that old yet.

ps the only noise from the laptop is the hdd.
:lol:

paddy said:
it could be the sheilding not doing it's job with the wifi

I just wouldn't put it in your pocket yet, until we get an answer. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
paddy said:

It's like a greesy look to parts of the case that gets touched more than other parts ,i have no idea if that can be cleaned so it looks normal like the rest of the case ,that is all my friend.

Paddy

Hey Paddy,

I'm an early adopter like you. I'm thinking this is the small price you pay for being right at the front of the queue. us early adopters giving feedback ensures better Pandora's for everyone else.

Once things have settled down I want to fix the shoulder button and where the bezel sticks out on the bottom of the lcd. As for the grease, I'm not too fussed, I like it looking "used" :D

I think I might put a screen protector on it, I fancy a more slick lcd feel, I feel as though I could damage it a little at the moment, the protector will make it feel a little more hardwearing. Might be an idea for Craig to add some screen protectors to his shop (apologies if this has been said already).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back