Problems Fixing Joypad.

Metal-Geo

Still Fresh
Website
www.frzi.com
Hi. I got my GP2X today. Quite nice. Still some bugs here and there. But as most people already have, the left direction of the joypad doesn't work. People say to "unscrew" the joypad a bit. But honestly, I have no idea what they are talking about. Want me to take apart my GP2X?

Please. It's the only problem that bugs me. Specialy cause I play a lot of Mario with the GP2X.

Thanks in advance!

I don't have one yet, so take what I say with a grain of salt, but by "unscrew" the joy stick, they mean turn the joystick counter-clockwise until it loosens up. Don't turn it too much, though, because you don't want to wind up taking it out.

The thumb-pad of the stick just slides off the top, no unscrewing involved...I had the same problem with down instead of left, but i took the thumb pad off, rolled up a tiny bit of paper and put it inside it the put it back on the stick. Problem solved!

Place your thumb and index finger on the joypad like a crane-operated game machine, or like a hawk's talons grabbing unsuspecting prey. Rotate the stick in a leftward motion like a clock that's broken and goes backwards, but only until the stick is loose, as it could come out. Do it like a screw, baby, yeah, like a screw, baby, yeah.

Just pull it off, there is no screw thread and wedge a small wad of paper inside the hole in the pad to prevent it slipping down again. Replace the pad on the shaft.

Back