Prboom 2.5.0b

bomberman

Most of my addon wads crash now.

various issues:

Darkening
R_FlatNumForName: OPATERN1 not found

Memento Mori, Scientist 2, Darkening 2, HACX, Mars War, Rebirth, Brotherhood of Ruin
R_InitData: Textures Z_Malloc: Failure trying to allocate XXXX bytes

Memento Mori 2, Requiem, Revolution
I_SignalHandler: Exiting on signal:signal 11

Strain, Deus Vult II
R_InitTextures: Missing patch XXX in texture

Working fine: Alien Vendetta, Hell Revealed 2, BioWar, Scythe, and all originals of course

Pickle, any ideas?

bman said:
Most of my addon wads crash now.

Pickle, any ideas?
Textures Z_Malloc: Failure trying to allocate XXXX bytes

Sounds like theres not enough memory, I dont know about the others and I dont have a indepth knowledge of the prboom engine to debug them.
A good test might be to see if they all work on a PC based version of prboom 2.5.0. If they dont then I would contact the prboom maintainers.

Update: google found this: http://www.planetfortress.com/misanthropy/hlfaq.asp

Z_Malloc: Failed on allocation of xxxx bytes
Using the parameter -zone ####, where #### is some number of bytes to allocate some memory, should fix this problem. If you still receive the error message, increment the number of bytes to allocate more memory. Example: hl.exe -zone 1024

Update 2: I dont see that flag in the source for prboom and I dont see anything that stands out that I think I should change to fix the problem.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pickle said:
A good test might be to see if they all work on a PC based version of prboom 2.5.0. If they dont then I would contact the prboom maintainers.
I tried that. I was able to make all the WADs work with the PC edition. I'll just use multiple versions.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Back