Port Request: IceBreaker

Hey, this sounds like it could be interesting, could you post up a screenshot of what this looks like and what the basic idea of the game is, since I have never heard of it?

Not that I could code it, but I might reap the benefits of someone else's work, LOL

This is easy to compile and package.

Someone should do it if he is new to those things as a learning experience.

Hi :)

+1

Compiles fine with C/C++ Development tools on the Pandora.

Just edit $prefix and $highscoresdir variables in the Makefile, then "make; sudo make install".

Runs windowed with sound by default.

Controls need some work though: pressing right on the left nub to change the wall orientation feels awkward...

Bye, Magic Sam

EDIT: --fullscreen makes the game...err...fullscreen ;)

EDIT #2: I've had a look at the source, but I didn't find where to customize controls. I'd need some help on this one...

EDIT #3: I think it's in the event.* files, but I have a doubt :unsure:

EDIT #4: OK, now KEYSWITCHLINE and KEYSTARTLINE are assigned to (X) and (A), respectively.

DPAD is not working, you still have to move the cursor with the left nub, and when you press (A), the new line doesn't start where the cursor is... <_<

EDIT #5: possible workaround: KEYSWITCHLINE assigned to (L) and KEYSTARTLINE to left mouse button (default), and you play with the stylus. Works great :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Hummm...learning experience, eh??

Hi :)

+1

Compiles fine with C/C++ Development tools on the Pandora.

Just edit $prefix and $highscoresdir variables in the Makefile, then "make; sudo make install".

Runs windowed with sound by default.

Controls need some work though: pressing right on the left nub to change the wall orientation feels awkward...

Bye, Magic Sam

EDIT: --fullscreen makes the game...err...fullscreen ;)

EDIT #2: I've had a look at the source, but I didn't find where to customize controls. I'd need some help on this one...

EDIT #3: I think it's in the event.* files, but I have a doubt :unsure:

EDIT #4: OK, now KEYSWITCHLINE and KEYSTARTLINE are assigned to (X) and (A), respectively.

DPAD is not working, you still have to move the cursor with the left nub, and when you press (A), the new line doesn't start where the cursor is... <_<

EDIT #5: possible workaround: KEYSWITCHLINE assigned to (L) and KEYSTARTLINE to left mouse button (default), and you play with the stylus. Works great :)
buda-buda-buda-buda-buda...GREEK....does not compute...

How exactly did you do this? I want to set KEYSWITCHlINE to spacebar

EDIT: Nevermind: got it working on N900. This is a simple but frustrating and addictive little game... Unzip as root and run from /opt/icebreaker/bin. When I get my pandora back in March. I can make a pandora .pnd.

icebreakerN900.zip

Attachments

• icebreakerN900.zip
    89.1 KB · Views: 134
Hi,

I'd like to release the build I have, but there's a problem:

It seems the paths are hardcoded inside the binaries. I compiled then installed everything in /home/samuel/icebreaker-instdir, but if I move this directory somewhere else (/media/Pandora/icebreaker), it segfaults at launch because it doesn't find it's data files...

Do you know how to avoid this ?

EDIT: the game also saves its configuration on the NAND :(

Bye and thanks,

Magic Sam

Try to prefix it to /mnt/utmp/icebreaker

This will solve the problems with the paths.

If it saves data to the nand, try to set $HOME to the /mnt/utmp/icebreaker folder in the startupscript.

If it uses ggethomedir or something, you'll have to replace every appearence in the code with this path or getenv(HOME)

Back