Pandora pnd utmp appdata and pnd

foft

Certified Guru
Website
www.scrameta.net
I'm a little stuck with a pnd issue and drowning in too much information. pnd is 3 chars - too short to search for! I'd really appreciate it if someone could help clarify how this is meant to work.

As I understand it when I create a pnd...

i) the squashfs gets mounted as:

/mnt/pnd/$appname.

ii) appdata is created with $sdcard/pandora/appdata/$appname

iii) A unionfs of the two is mounted as /mnt/utmp/$appname.

iv) Any writes to /mnt/utmp/$appname go to appdata/....

e.g. Say I have a config file in /mnt/utmp/$appname/x.cfg and I want the user to be able to save over it I thought I could write to /mnt/utmp/$appname/ and it magically writes to /pandora/appdata/$appname, however I get 'Operation not permitted'

Am I misunderstanding the directory structure? Is this unionfs magic something that wasn't implemented in the end?

Thanks,

Mark

Writing to files that already exist in squashfs is broken on 2.6.27, I don't know if they fixed it on 3.2 or not.

To workaround this you include default file in pnd with a different name, and then copy it over from launcher script if it doesn't exist.

yeah, I tend to include stuff like a "defaults" dir in the pnd, and then on first-run, do something like

if [ first run flag file not present ]

cp defaults/* .

touch flag file

fi

Annoying, but works a treat, and ensures user editable stuff shows up in the appdata so they can see it.

jeff

Back