Please Help! I Can't Start Duke2x

southpaw

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
Ok so i got my unit today and everything is perfect so far. I have a RiData x150 512mb which is superfast and works fine. I got the snes emulator to work as well as quake. I tried Duke2x though and it doesn't work. I have the atomic version of the .grp and found the .con files on google. i can get to the screen where it says "loading" then it just goes back to the GP2x main screen. Sopwith doesn't work either. am i a moron? I also installed the libraries (i think it worked). Thanks.

edit: sorry for posting in the wrong section
edit 2:i also got the NeoGeo CD emu to work. i have the newest firmware, already installed when i got it.

deadlychicken22 posted on Dec 5 2005 at 11:08 PM said:
try using "A" to select things instead of "B" (or whatever button it is ;p)
i can't get to the menu. i tried the shareware version and it works. but the atomic version grp file doesn't work. it crashes at the "Loading" screen before the menu.

Last edited by a moderator:
Iorgy77 posted on Dec 6 2005 at 12:15 AM said:
For sopwith place the entire directory onto your card, not just the files.
thanks. sopwith works now. i'm going to keep trying duke3d. i want the atomic game not the shareware game so i am just going to have to make it work.

edit: could it have something to do with the fact that the grp file may be too big? (48mb)

edit 2: If anyone else is having this problem, try playing it on your computer first. Duh. That was my problem. my grp file was bad. if it doesn't work on the pc then it won't work on the GP2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Argh can't seem to get this to run either. I have the duke nukem mega collection on 2 cds and installed the atomic edition (v1.5) on to my comp. Before I could copy over any files I had to run the settings exe to generate the config file. Wasn't sure if I had to pick certain options as the readme didn't specify so I picked soundblaster for both card choices, max voices and 44khz frequency. As for controls I picked gamepad/keyboard and left the rest at default. So I put the needed files along with the duke file into /games/duke2x and tried running it but all I get is a black screen. I'm gonna try the 1.4 version to see if that makes any difference but if not could it be the config needing certain options chosen?

shareware:
1.0 => doesn't work
1.1 => doesn't work
1.3d => flying enemies are spazzing around when dying ... flying enemies don't come to ground

full:
1.3d => like shareware 1.3d
1.4 => most perfect .... (woogals version)
1.5 => plays intro-animation ... then goes to gp2x menue
1.7d => doesn't work

I have 1.4 atomic, but it just crashes back to the main gp2x screen when it gets to the loading screen. i think it might be my .cfg file. could someone please post their working cfg file? thanks.

Back