Pda Decisions!

Xyo

Hello There!

I need some opinions on what to get for a PDA! I need one no matter what but which one to get is a tough choice!

Originally i was thinking a HP IPAQ 1940 : - http://www.totalpda.co.uk/HP-iPAQ-1940-Ref...-Euro-Spec.aspx

Or the DEll Axim X5/3 : Cant be stuffed to link :p

but then i thought about the Zodiac? Does anyone have one so that i may aska few questions?

Because is it a Palm OS,or Pocket PC and is it a bulky device?

Also it seems a bit pricey for what i need it for?

Btw this won't replace my gp32_console so dont worry!!!

Xyo posted on Sep 3 2004 at 06:41 PM said:
Hello There!

I need some opinions on what to get for a PDA! I need one no matter what but which one to get is a tough choice!

Originally i was thinking a HP IPAQ 1940 : - http://www.totalpda.co.uk/HP-iPAQ-1940-Ref...-Euro-Spec.aspx

Or the DEll Axim X5/3 : Cant be stuffed to link :p

but then i thought about the Zodiac? Does anyone have one so that i may aska few questions?

Because is it a Palm OS,or Pocket PC and is it a bulky device?

Also it seems a bit pricey for what i need it for?

Btw this won't replace my gp32_console so dont worry!!!

If you dont know, for what you need a pda, you dont need one ...

Last edited by a moderator:
If you don't need the gaming controls on the Zodiac, there are much better deals available.

Gaming isnt essential. It's nice to have it howeve it does boost the price...I probably want a Windows mobile platform but hey I'm no expert on PDAs

Asus mypal A620 the best ppc for me :)
with emu psx you can play FF7, chrono cross, wipeout and many more ^^ (but with no sound:))
400 mhz, overcloacking : 530^^

MaDsk8tard posted on Sep 3 2004 at 11:36 PM said:
with emu psx you can play FF7, chrono cross, wipeout and many more ^^ (but with no sound:))

SECONDS THAT however i think a new asus is coming out thpogh

Dell Axim X30 if you like Winblows mobile, or if you like Palm, get a Tungsten T2 if you can find a deal on one, or like someone else mentioned the Tungsten E or one of the Zire's.

By the way, I have both a PPC and Palm, and PDA functionality is equal on each, but there are more free or cheap apps made for Palm at this point.

If you've got the coinage, T|T3 over T|T2 any day. T|T3 is tops, though, in price and function. Sweetest Palm OS around ;) Zire 72 is pretty good for a lot of people.. lower price, but a quality device. T|E is also good, but not suited to running a lot of heavy emulation ;)

jeff

Hey thanks guys!

I wouldnt mind Palm. DO CF WiFi Cards work withpalms aswell because that's important to me!

I'll check out the TUnstens and the ASus

Edit : I Love the Tungsten 3 and may get it refurbished!!

OmarNawaz posted on Sep 4 2004 at 02:18 AM said:

you mean this one?
http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040903/index.html
Looks like it'll be very nice, though it seems expensive :p

finraziel posted on Sep 4 2004 at 07:23 AM said:
OmarNawaz posted on Sep 4 2004 at 02:18 AM said:

you mean this one?
http://www.tomshardware.com/mobile/20040903/index.html
Looks like it'll be very nice, though it seems expensive :p

yeah it is kinda of expensive but the pound is kinda strong right now so hopefully i will be able to get it a lil cheaper mmmhmhmhm MMX i will definetly be running out to get this baby once it is released the controls arent as gaming friendly as it predcessor but neeh nothing can be perfect right ;)

mattmagoo posted on Sep 5 2004 at 04:08 PM said:
I prefer windows 2003 to Palm OS

Most people will simply because they most likely use it on there desktop computer too, so what could be better than having the same interface on your portable device?

However, due to the Windows OS, you generally need a 400Mhz XScale processor to compete with a 200Mhz processor running PalmOS. With the latest version, it's probably 300Mhz. This is normally because PalmOS has a thinner layer between the app and hardware.

Personally, I prefer PalmOS - the last PocketPC I tried, the OS used my SD as a swap file !

Back