Pandora Word Seek Game

authoreyes

Website
www.markandmarina.com
NOTE: I posted this in the other forum as well before I noticed the move - please ignore the duplication

Wanted to share with everyone I game I have been developing over the course of the week. It's nothing too fancy, just more a "jump" back into the cold waters of C++ for a Java/Groovy guy. It's been many years, too many to list since the last time I used C++.

Anywhoo, the game is a word find/seek puzzle game that will dynamically generate a puzzle of words from text files anyone can create. I chose this for several reason, mainly, a good, simple way to get back into blitting/event handling/pointers without being too real time rendering intensive. As well, I also end up playing a similar game on my DS quite often, so I figured maybe someone else could enjoy this as well.

I still have several outstanding tasks, including improved memory management, audio, diagonals (only works N-S-E-W and reverse right now), and a few other features, but it is almost done.

I just have a few questions:

1. Is it ok to use the pandora logo in the game screen? I have attached links to screen shots here.
2. Anyone know about the feasibility of the boost package (for C++ directory operations and such) running on the pandy? If not, being a rather ignorant c++ guy, what would you recommend as a good library for dir traversal.
3. Would any C++ gurus being will to take a peak at my code and critique it? I really am not sure of best practices/standards/etc as I have been mainly java for 8 years.

Thanks all, can't wait to finish this and get on to some new, creative types games!

p-w-s-1.jpg

p-w-s-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The other board seems to have mysteriously gone offline.

Anyway, Boost is open-source AFAIK, so it will probably be ported to the Pandora pretty quickly.

Back