Pandora "freezes"

Murff

Still Fresh
Hi,
I've had a few issues, but most f them seem to come from a faulty battery, although I have yet to confirm it by trying another battery.
Anyway, I'm running the Pandora with the psu only, and every now and then, it just freezes. I'd be playing around with the OS, crawling the internet, using dosbox, or whatever, sometimes everything just freezes and I have to reset the pandora using the pandora key + power button. Has anyone here encountered the same issue? I'm wondering whether this is a software issue or just bad luck with my hardware. Also sometimes, just when it freezes, the color of the screen changes to reddish, or greenish ie what should be white on the screen turns another color. That happens only when the pandora freezes.
I'm tempted to submit that as a bug but also think it might just be me. I already reflashed it a couple of time.

Oh, it just did it! And as it happened the screen turned blueish. I moved the screen a little and the color went back to normal, although the system is still frozen.

Oh, and I just noticed the time suddenly changed from the actual time to 3:23...

This sounds to me like a hardware issue. But I'm no expert.

edit... ooops sorry didn't see the PSU only thingy!

SONY said:
What's your home temperature during the day?

-46, do you think that's what's causing the issue? B)

Last edited by a moderator:
^ It's definitely freezing :huh:
Joking aside, it might be a bug in the run-without-battery feature.

Mjlink said:
Running with PSU only isn't a feature, its a testing mode IIRC, so this could be an issue.

Ah, that's interesting. Is that something official or an assumption?
I should receive the new battery maybe on Monday so I'll be able to see if that makes any difference I guess. Thanks!

It's official:

MWeston said:
I think some people are still missing the fact that running without a battery is an UNOFFICIAL feature. The owner's manual clearly states that you run the unit with a battery installed. I've made that clear in the past. It's just a bonus feature even TI doesn't support well and they call it a test mode too.

Thanks very much laurens. That gives me some hope that my Pandora might actually start working properly when I receive the new battery.... You made my day. :)

Back