Pandora Pandora Calc

TheMagnitude

Still Fresh
Ive made a console based calculator in C++ that I think would be really nice to use if it had a decent GUI and functioned on the pandora.

You can get the source by registering on my website or if you already have a dev unit MK0 Pandora you are welcome to have it without registering, just email me.

Heres a little bit about it quoted from my website:

This advanced calculator, currently named Math++ was intended to be a multipurpose, fast, and effective calculator that could do mathematical operations on the fly.

It can handle 3 data types, those are Real numbers, Vectors, and Sets, and is currently equipped with over 50 different functions and operations.

It comes with a file "documentation.rtf" which lists all these different operations and will also inform you how to use the calculator.

And can be found here

It still needs some tweaks and touches but I think this could work really well on Pandora, since the Pandora has a keyboard aswell which means you can type in your sums :).

Are any Pandora developers are interested in working with me (Im not a Pandora Dev but I can help you nonetheless) to get this calculator up and running on the Pandora?

EDIT: Nevermind, Ill do this on my own, please close this topic :)

Kyosys said:
it's a calculator, i doubt it's hard to port it at all
Very true, but since Pandora's won't be out for a while I was hoping someone who already had a dev unit could port it to the Pandora and I could explain different bits of my code if they need it, so that when it's released it could maybe include the calculator already installed on the Pandora.

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize this is a bit different from Math++ (and probably satisfies entirely different audiences, sorry for hijacking your thread) but I was hoping that at one point SageMath could be ported to the Pandora.

For those unfammiliar: it is a combination of special purpose mathematics applications all bound together, well integrated, using Python. Because of it being a combination of tools, it grows quite large and heavy on resources, but it is highly efficient in complex calculations.

Since SageMath is rather heavy and it's notebook-environment is something different as well (great idea for a GUI however), I was wondering if there were any developers available to just take a look and dissect it enough to make it workable to some degree. The python interface would be easy, but there are so many parts of which I doubt it would be possible to just cross-compile and have them work as there are a lot of optimizations done. But perhaps (and hopefully) I am mistaken. Disclaimer: I like SageMath but am not associated with its development.

Back