Overclocking question

E

extremegamer

I'm sorry if this has been posted before, at work and don't have time to search

I know overclocking is due to the program, but why can I overclock higher on some programs than others. Opensnes9x I can only go 156mhz, but fgen I can go 166mhz and it runs fine, almost full speed on frameskip 1. GPDoom I can't go over 133mhz, not that i need to, just was trying to see if my GP could overclock when i first got it. Is this just something in the programming in each program or is my GP just really picky on when it wants to OC.

I have similar problems. I can go 160MHz on everything when using batteries (regardless of type) then when I plug in a power adapter I can go to 166 in Fgen but still only 160 in OpenSnes. I am as yet to try anyhting else with the power adapter. My theory is that some programs have different memory requirements which somehow alters the way in which you're GP32 overclocks.

I can overclock to 166Mhz in fGEN32, but I can only go to 156Mhz in everything else

fgen seems to have not much cpu laod so it crachs later. the reason why a power adapter hase better results is that the cpu has no explizit mhz setteing but volt<->mhz most batterys only have 1,2-1,4v a adapter has often 1,5 1,6.
i hope you understand what i mean..

you can do the voltage mod its not very hard and you can overclock much higher(sorry forgot the url)...

Back