Sales Ordering from Portugal

Keyaku

Still Fresh
I'm trying to buy Pandora but I have some questions:
-does it really has ubuntu? And like ubuntu at my school that can run Window server?
-is it a real Linux?
-I saw the price somewhere here that it was 212€... But how much costs the additional shipment?

Thanks

mkinzler said:
Initially there is no installed ubuntu. But it can easily installed i.e. a SD card or flashed instead Ångström.
And like ubuntu at my school that can run Window server?
Samba should be available
is it a real Linux?
When is a linux real :huh:
But how much costs the additional shipment?
Depends on shop.

What I meant with real, was that if Pandora is Linux + gp2x?
Cuz I read around it is only a emulator console... And I wanted a small PC to work with, with my projects or school stuff + console

Depends on shop? But weren't they be selling to shop in March 2009? And I read elsewhere that it was coming for this x-mas... :twisted:
And I need portuguese people that are expert on this stuff to tell in which shops will this be selling
What I meant was the order price (i.e. America to Portugal ===> +70€)

Thx for the rest

The pandora is running Linux as OS.
Cuz I read around it is only a emulator console...
Not only. Perhaps there aren't commercial games for it but i am sure many homebrew stuff or ports from OS games and other software.
And I wanted a small PC to work with, with my projects or school stuff
It's absolutely possible to do that on this device. I's an open system.

mkinzler said:
The pandora is running Linux as OS.
Cuz I read around it is only a emulator console...
Not only. Perhaps there aren't commercial games for it but i am sure many homebrew stuff or ports from OS games and other software.
And I wanted a small PC to work with, with my projects or school stuff
It's absolutely possible to do that on this device. I's an open system.

cool! I'll buy then!
but I still need the answers of:
-when is it REALLY coming out? March 2009 or before this Christmas?
-if it's coming out soon, I need Portuguese people around here who may know where can I buy it (local stores, is it coming on Fnac?)

The first set of pre-orders are closed. These are due to be delivered December.

The next pre-order was due to start after that, for delivery in March 2009, but this may change. The second batch was going to be sold through distributors - online shops, not regular shops.

Pandora runs Linux but it is an ARM processor, not X86. So it cannot run WINE and it can probably there may be some other programs that have not been ported to ARM.

Pandora does have a very active community behind it that will develop and port applications.

Hope this helps. You might like to read some of the links in my sig if you haven't already.

Back