openXile's Big Caanoo Review

Nova said:
Haha, my girlfriend is obsessed with Animatch as well! She's very disappointed that it isn't on the Caanoo yet, but it just means I get more time with it while she plays the Wiz. :p
So's my thinking. Maybe I can cover it up in a reasonable decision like, "Look, I HAVE TO order the WIFI stuff, anyway." B)
(Not that I'd have to... I mean cover it... or...)

Last edited by a moderator:
Nova said:
Haha, my girlfriend is obsessed with Animatch as well! She's very disappointed that it isn't on the Caanoo yet, but it just means I get more time with it while she plays the Wiz. :p
Ginge is going to ruin everything. :D Don't tell her.

quote said:
Good work, nice long write-up and it reads well
smile.gif
I haven't actually heard anyone mention the rumble feature yet. Is there no way of testing it out in the settings?

Rumble feature is implemented in Asura & Propis (I don't remember if Rhythmos too) and it gives a nice effect.

@Nova: Do the first pixel rows appear "cut" on your Caanoo sample ? You can see that especially on MAME and Asura, and if you incline the Caanoo, you should see (very very little) missing part .

Iorgy77 said:
Nice work Nova, a good read... I am really tempted to ask playasia to change my order to the black/blue metalic from the white now...
i think white looks awesome black is boring after a while

Is this thing backwards compatible with Wiz? If so then you must all simulate pregnancy now.

Otherwise... you must simulate pregnancy later!

Goity said:
Otherwise... you must simulate pregnancy later!
So you're getting one regardless? The answer to your first question is no, but thanks to GINGE we'll be able to use Gp2X software.

quote said:
SPIKE.
Nova how did you find the shoulder buttons? Anarchy said that they had to be pressed near the centre for them to register properly.

he said it is pretty easy, but i agree with anarchy. you have to press on the precise spot (the spot that is furthest towards the device's median) in order to make it work properly (plus it is somewhat difficult and cumbersome to press them down).

torpor said:
I really can't wait to put that vibrator to use.

some nice vibration designing app would be nice, where you can draw how it vibrates over time intensity wise :)

Exactly, and with a bit of a sequencer in there too, so you can draw envelopes and so on .. then set it on a desk (or some other suitably comfortable location) and enjoy the buzz show .. ;)

MWeston said:
torpor said:
I really can't wait to put that vibrator to use.
Married? :D

"Honey, I was thinking about buying the new Caanoo... what do you think about that?
I'm pretty sure you can find a good use for it, too..." :)

A needed excuse for a guy if he wants to buy a new gadget? :D

Well, I personally couldn't care less about it. Never knew what vibration in controllers is good for. G-Sensors can be used for some games, but vibration...? :)

Last edited:
No, I mean as a rythmn machine, just put the thing in a can or box or something, and let it play a sequence .. we do that sort of thing at our jam sessions these days ..

Back