Open Source Flash Project Listing!!

Captainbubby

Hi all!

I know Nickspoon was working on a gp2x flash player but ran into some problems and wanted to find a better library / prog in which to port

Well if anyone is interested there is a website all about Open Source Flash with a section regarding open source flash projects

Check it out!

Dude,

it's common courtesy to link to the site you are talking about, which I believe is this one. However, the only possible working flash alternative is Gnash, which has already been discussed and basically dismissed for the time being as it requires OpenGL to run. So until we have a working OGL port...

Allan.

Since flash is 2D, Gnash could be modified to work without OGL, it is merely using it for a few accelerated 2D functions. Doesn't sound too easy, but it would be one hell of a lot easier than making a working software OGL lib for GP2X.

1. The url is in the topic title
2. The GP2X already has a semi-working Flash player, and I'm pretty sure it's not based on gnash.

I missed the url topic.. but still, as far as I can tell Gnash is the icing (I'm sorry, I can't help myself) on the open source flashcake. And besides, this guy was talking about alternatives to the current player.

Allan.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was talking about alternatives as Nickspoon, the developer of the current flash player said that the project was abandoned due to problems with the library, so I'm doing my part to try and help find a better alternative

Thanks, but at the moment FlashPlay is stopped until I can find a good library to port. I'm now working on Sdldoom and Openglad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back