Ommpc2X Version 0.4.6

Coder_TimT

I felt that this version deserved an extra version bump and a new post as the original release post has become a bit large. That being said, I present Ommpc2x v0.4.6. Changes follow obligatory screenshot...

ommpc-scribble.jpg

• Touchscreen now change values in options(left of value decreases, right increases)
  • Context menu on touchscreen hold allows for almost all action to take place via screen if so desired
  • New theme, scribble - parchment background with handwritten font, GANT icons because I love GANT icons.
  • Also scribble2 which is the same just with a slightly modified now playing screen to show it can be changed.
  • Also scribble_non_en because the font I really like doesn't support non-english accented characters, so I had to do something to support you guys with funny marks over you're letters. Currently, it's using the default Sans font which should be good for Latin and Cyrillic char sets. If you like the "handwritten" font in scribble, I do have a Latin only alternative skin which I will make a seperate download.
  • Skins can now share resources, so scribble2 and scribble_non_en only contain a config file. The main space hogs(the images) are shared. Skinners look here for examples. Also, skinners, I don't catch errors very well(especially around fonts) so if something is screwed up in the config file I just crash right now...let me know it you get stuck somewhere.
  • Added key binding for "flipping"the album art and displaying song info(hint, it's 'Y')
  • Decided to add support for some languages as an add-on. Basically if the TrueType Font to support the language is over 50-60K or so it becomes an add-on. Since I found a reasonably sized default font that supports Latin and Cyrillic characters, right now that means Korean since the font weighs in at almost 800K, although it compresses fairly well. Just download the lang archive and place the included files into your ommpc2x directory.
  • New French, Russian, Korean, and Japanese translations
  • Thanks to sbock for the German translation and for gathering other translations.
  • Thanks to Hardyx for Spanish, Squire(German board) for Russian, Passy(German board) for French, Bizkairarra(German board?) for Basque(Euskara), MEGADETH for Korean, and yuji for Japanese
  • Thanks to everyone else for using it...

One new "caveat" introduced...sometimes the popup context menu doesn't correctly perform the desired action. When I've seen this happen it has started working again after restarted the player. Will continue to research it...

Let me know how it goes.
http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-0_4_6-wiz.zip
http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-lang-ko-0_2.zip
http://ommpc.googlecode.com/files/ommpc2x-lang-jp-0_1.zip

works great. there are many improvements in this version and i feel it got more stable.
especially, i like new skins (in crystal lrg_ko skin, Korean fonts are bigger and appears more correctly :) )
thanx again, TimT.
but only one thing bothers me.
scrible_ko skin doesn't work on my wiz. when i set that skin, ommpc2x doesn't run and exit to main screen of wiz. :(

MEGADETH said:
works great. there are many improvements in this version and i feel it got more stable.
especially, i like new skins (in crystal lrg_ko skin, Korean fonts are bigger and appears more correctly :) )
thanx again, TimT.
but only one thing bothers me.
scrible_ko skin doesn't work on my wiz. when i set that skin, ommpc2x doesn't run and exit to main screen of wiz. :(

I though I had tested everything, but I guess this one slipped passed me. I will repackage soon, in the meantime add "sk_resource_dir=scribble" to the top of skin.conf and it should fix it up...

Last edited by a moderator:
Great job!
Now I can chose files named in Japanese with my own Japanese translation, though it freezed when I changed skin to Japanese version of "scribble". Actually I made it from Korean version, so it must be the same as the problem shown in earlier post.
Any way I'm satisfied, thanks!

yuji said:
Great job!
Now I can chose files named in Japanese with my own Japanese translation, though it freezed when I changed skin to Japanese version of "scribble". Actually I made it from Korean version, so it must be the same as the problem shown in earlier post.
Just after posting my prevuos post, I solved the problem by adding "sk_resource_dir=scribble" at the first line of "skin.conf".
Now Japanese "scribble" works fine. Korean version could be fixed in the same way as it's also missing in Korean version :lol:

yuji said:
yuji said:
Great job!
Just after posting my prevuos post, I solved the problem by adding "sk_resource_dir=scribble" at the first line of "skin.conf".
Now Japanese "scribble" works fine. Korean version could be fixed in the same way as it's also missing in Korean version :lol:

Glad it working for you yuji. If you wouldn't mind, I would love for you to send the Japanese translation to my gmail address(codertimt) and I'll put together an archive so others can make use of it also. Also, did you change the font, I thought the provided one was only for Korean?

Coder_TimT said:
yuji said:
yuji said:
Great job!

Glad it working for you yuji. If you wouldn't mind, I would love for you to send the Japanese translation to my gmail address(codertimt) and I'll put together an archive so others can make use of it also. Also, did you change the font, I thought the provided one was only for Korean?

I sent it by email with Japanese font.
I'm not sure but I think I made a mistake. If "sk_resource_dir=scribble_jp" is written in the first line of skin-file of "scribble_jp", please fix it to "sk_resource_dir=scribble".

When you can't receive my email, please let me know, thanks.

yuji said:
I sent it by email with Japanese font.
I'm not sure but I think I made a mistake. If "sk_resource_dir=scribble_jp" is written in the first line of skin-file of "scribble_jp", please fix it to "sk_resource_dir=scribble".

When you can't receive my email, please let me know, thanks.

I have placed the Japanese archive on the project page and also updated the Korean one to fix the scribble skin. I edited the original post to reflect the new information.

Thanks again everyone.
Tim

updated version works fine. now, scribble_ko skin works correctly, too. (what a beautiful skin!)
i wanna say thank u again, TimT, for working on this great stuff.

I want to make a quick configuration comment since I've been reading some of the non-english boards and there are a few folks having trouble getting ommpc to run. There are 2 files to edit if you start editing files by hand, "ommpc.conf" and "mpd.conf". Both contain paths to the music directories. If you start the program and have a scrolling message at the top saying...

"MPD not started, edit configuration and restart"
"MPD nicht gestartet, Programm Pfad anpassen und Neustart"
"MPD no iniciado, edita configuracion y reinicia"

...or however your translation reads, and you are taken to the settings screen of ommpc, then your config files are not setup correctly. If you try to use other parts of the program without correcting this, currently it will crash. You can either scroll down in the options list and set the paths from within the program, or you can edit by hand until they are correct...

Hope this helps a little, and if you bi-lingual folks could pass this information along, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Tim

I really like ommpx2x, it turns the Wiz into a real multimedia device. And it sounds ALOT better than my Mp3playing device (Sony NWZ A-818). Thanks for this great program. :)

By the way, I also updated the German languagefile a bit, it was incorrect at some points. Download it here (enter code, wait 5 secs, press "Download").

Passy said:
I really like ommpx2x, it turns the Wiz into a real multimedia device. And it sounds ALOT better than my Mp3playing device (Sony NWZ A-818). Thanks for this great program. :)

By the way, I also updated the German languagefile a bit, it was incorrect at some points. Download it here (enter code, wait 5 secs, press "Download").
I would be nice if we could open a topic somewhere to discuss what exact wording we want to use in an official version, the original needed correction-reading. (And as it looks you re-corrected my corrected version).

so long,
derdritte

derdritte said:
Passy said:

I would be nice if we could open a topic somewhere to discuss what exact wording we want to use in an official version, the original needed correction-reading. (And as it looks you re-corrected my corrected version).

so long,
derdritte

Actually, I think part of what has happened here is that the derdritte version never made it into the build. So the Passy version I believe was probably made off of the original sbock version. I agree about the need for a way to come to a consensus on the translation, I definitely can't make any type of decision on what is best. I don't know where an appropriate place to hold such a discussion would be. Here are some options...

• Just use this topic or the one in the Beta testing area...or create a new topic here for it.
  • Create a topic on the native language board as it might be easier for you to discuss in German.
  • Anyone who wants to to edit the translation can email me and I'll collaborate an email discussion.
  • I could create a dedicated ommpc support msg board, but it would be yet another board you have to sign in to...

For any of these options, I can share the file in Google Docs and make it available to directly edit there. Best way would be for everyone to sign up for a Google account(seperate from gmail, it can be associated with any email address) and I can lock down editor permissions. If that's not an option I can open it up and we'll just have to be protective about sharing the link to the document...

Passy/sbock/dedritte...anyone else. Let me know what you feel would work the best...or a better option...and I'll see what we can get done...

I just used the one in 0.42, don't know whose it was/is.
We could discuss that in the German board, couldn't we?

Passy said:
Agreed, let's make a new topic there, link anyone? I don't really know the German board.

so long,
derdritte

derdritte said:
Passy said:
Agreed, let's make a new topic there, link anyone? I don't really know the German board.

so long,
derdritte
Link to the board
Link to the thread

Edit/
By the way, Tim, I got some suggestions for the program.

First, if you want to fast-forward a song, it takes ages to start and it doesn't really help. If you hold down the button for 7 Seconds it will forward the song for 7 seconds. That's only the case if the song's playing. If it's paused, everything works fine. My CPU-Clock is 533, maybe it's too less?

Second, I always forget the controls, and I think I'm not alone. Maybe you could add a menu-feature showing you (or maybe letting you adjust) the controls.

And last but not least, a way to add a song to the playlist without playing it instantly after pressing B. But maybe I just didn't figure it out yet how to do it.

Understanding that this thread's last post was over two years ago ...

What happens if one has ommpc playing a song in the background (detached client), and then attempts to start up a program that uses the sound chip, like mame4all? The Caanoo refuses to start up the program - what about the Wiz?

Thanks in advance.

Promised Planet said:
Understanding that this thread's last post was over two years ago ...

What happens if one has ommpc playing a song in the background (detached client), and then attempts to start up a program that uses the sound chip, like mame4all? The Caanoo refuses to start up the program - what about the Wiz?

Thanks in advance.

Got my hands on a Wiz and answered my own question ... the Wiz will start up the other program, though it may run slowly (as Mame4All does).

Sorry for the multi-post.

Back