Ogg Playing Problem With Sdl_Mixer

glezmen

I get the following error when trying to play an OGG file with SDL_mixer:

Can't play music file music/rocket.ogg - Module format not recognized

the same code works on WIZ
does somebody know what can I do with it? I tried to link to various libraries, but it's still the same :(

try rebuilding the libs from source (yourselve), (sdl_mixer et al) and let it make use of libtremor which gives a significant speed increase

yes, it's about CoolDown :)
i was thinking about recompiling SDL_mixer, but i hoped i can avoid that if there's any other way

i have had the same problem in the gp2x days, most of the time the only solution was the build the libs yourselve, it could be you will also have to recompile other libs that depend on SDL_Mixer if there are any.

i do remember that getting sdl_mixer to use libtremor doesn't always work right away and you'll need to experiment a little with the flags.

Another thing which i don't how the situation is like on the wiz / canoo, is that on the gp2x i used to compile my games staticly always, since i used other libs / my own build libs, and not doing so wouldnt use the libs you compiled since it will load the libs dynamicly which are availible on the device itselve. so you might need to include the libs also or get gph or whoever created the prebuild toolchain to use them as well so they become a standard. This might not easy so i just compiled staticly.

Not many dev's like this, but it's the only solution at the time i knew that would work, would like to know what the situation is like now on the wiz / canoo with this, since i ordered a canoo myselve now and need to get up to do date :)

Back