Ogg Compile Probs

chimpoid

Website
Visit site
Hi all,

I've been making good progress with things and sidelined my ogg problems but have now came back to them.
I've been playing with sounds in an app and have got effects as .wav which work well and some background music in ogg which fails.
When compiling for Linux it plays nicely but compiling for GP2X works but at runtime there is no audio from the .ogg file. No crashes, no segfaults just standard operation without the ogg playing.
I've noodled about and have come to the conclusion that is in some linked to the static libs I am including hence the reason wav works but ogg doesn't.

In the app I am including SDL_mixer.h and the make file has
-lSDLmain -lSDL_image -lpng12 -ljpeg -lz -lc -lm -lgcc -lSDL_mixer -lvorbisidec -lmikmod -lSDL -lpthread
linked statically.
I'm pretty sure that this is the same make configuration that I was using prior to upgrading to HW_SDL and it worked then although I may have altered it a little :blink:

Does anyone have an idea as to why it is causing me such grief :(

Just to confirm that the code is fine (I think). I tested Guyfawkes sdl test and it compiles the same (with -lfreetype added) and bahaves in the same manner.
Wav works, Ogg and Mod are silent.

Chimpoid

For reference:
I tracked the problem down to the pre compiled sdl mixer library in the latest version of the libs.
Removing this and restoring theoddbots version sorted the problem.
Full sound again and HW rendering.

Chimpoid

Back