Nintendo's new gameboy!....sorta...

it all sounds weird, but still why not try anything innovative :p
but two screens makes me think about a new virtual boy ;x (btw whats the use of the two screens)

we will see @ E3 :-D

I hope it'll be as powerful as the N64. I want an extended version of Mario 64.

and goldeneye :unsure:

Two screens sounds novel, but ultimately gimmicky. I'd rather have the largest screen size physically possible. (E.g. like a scaled down tablet PC) Also a controller based on www.ibizcorp.com 's example would be pretty neat and "out there".

yea i hope its the top to bottom screens rather than left to right.

might be interesting to see if they try to change the way people hold the console like the did with the n64 pad aswell, 2 screens might work well with a 2 player game on 1 console.

I think 2 screens is a good idea. In an RPG, you could have a map/info etc on the one screen while playing on the other. In a strategy, you could have a large overview map and detailed stats about your enemy, while on the primary screen have the actual game.

According to what I've read, this isn't a replacement for the gamecube or GBA. I've also read that they're currently working on replacements for both.

On gamespy, I read that one of the nintendo guys said he doesn't expect people to jump for joy after reading it but would be happy if "10% of nintendo fans took a look". So it seems that nintendo isn't expecting it to be a huge hit...

Maybe someone up high [position, not mental state ;)] at Nintendo just thought "Hey, we're working on replacements for our consoles, why don't we try something fun and new?"

I'm pretty sure that this console will only find a small niche market, but to me it sounds nice [dual processors mmm, dual screens (for uses, see above)] and if it pads out, I'll probably buy one. If I buy one and it bombs, who cares? someone will probably "hack" it and release an unofficial dev-kit.

Sounds like a neat gadget to me. I'd love to make a game to take advantage of it. I've been pushing for consoles to have screens on their controllers since the dreamcast died because having another screen for info and stuff really enhances gameplay (dc didn't really go far with it :( ).

From what I read, one idea was to have an overview of game action on one screen, and a zoomed-in view in the other screen. That sounded kinda interesting to me.

If i had the money, i would try to develop a home/handheld combo system. A gaming system that can be used at home, which could also be a handheld, just imagine handheld portion being someting like the zodiac's size, which could be the core of both handheld system and home console. That can then be attached to the rest of the console at home, consist of a harddrive, internet modem, power/charging suply, video/audio output and extra controller ports. I think it would be better than working on two different things, i wish one of the companies would do that. What do you guys think? And even if it ends up costing around $200-300, it would be resonable since its both a handheld and home system.

If i had the money, i would try to develop a home/handheld combo system. A gaming system that can be used at home, which could also be a handheld, just imagine handheld portion being someting like the zodiac's size, which could be the core of both handheld system and home console. That can then be attached to the rest of the console at home, consist of a harddrive, internet modem, power/charging suply, video/audio output and extra controller ports. I think it would be better than working on two different things, i wish one of the companies would do that. What do you guys think? And even if it ends up costing around $200-300, it would be resonable since its both a handheld and home system.

That's called a laptop, cost not included :D

That's called a laptop, cost not included :D
no it's not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back