Newbie With A Bunch Off Issues

GP350z

Still Fresh
Hi I'm very new to GP32X and I'm facing a lot off issues. Please help me out if you can. Appreciate it... and thanks in advance.

My version is 1.4.0 by the way.

1. movie player doesn't work.
It won't go to that 2nd screen where you have two choice, SD card or GP32X internal memory. When I press the movie icon, there's a second or two black light and then goes back menu screen. Game, muisc and others work unlike movie.

2. Squidge SNES acts weird, plays games at times and other times doesn't.
The game loads fine but not the snes roms. I would try to load the roms with different settings all night long but it just won't work. There's a black screen and that's that. I would go to bed after that and try it again after I get up, and it would work! Same setting before I went to bed. At times, it would load roms, at times, it just won't. I don't know what's going on. It's like my GP32X has a mind of its own.

3. LCD screen doesn't adjust.
I can see the pic (Mona Lisa?) and I can adjust left to right but I don't see any change. It's just the way it was before whether I move left or right.

4. Adapter input.
I tried to use 3.0V output adapter and my game won't start. I have the correct input head but the game won't start at all. I wonder if this game has a defect.

5. Drinking problem.
My game keeps drinking... OK, not really. That's all the problem I have right now. Thanks so much if you can help one of the issues above or all.

Regards,
D

The adapter is not standard for the GP2X, i just bought the official 1 but ther is a way to get it to work, but im not the person to ask.

Try using high power re-chargable batteries. Energiser 2500 are good.

2. Sounds like a battery problem. You really do need high quality ~2500mah rechargables.

My firmware on the screen says 1.4 and setup info also shows 1.4. I got the firmware update from gp32x.de. How do I update the Kernel?

With regard to game playing at times and not, sometimes it doesn't play when my battery is full and after 30 min, it would play again. Vice versa... just weird. I have Panasonic 2100 mah rechargable double As.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back