New Sudoku For Gp2x

I'm a big Sudoku fan, I've been playing the one from Yoyo+ pretty much every day for the last few weeks, and I'm looking forward to yours! :)
Sudoku is great for the mind.
Thank you for your efforts.

aapje89 posted on Feb 5 2007 at 09:21 AM said:
I mean that when you're not sure wether a box is a 2 or a 3 for example, that you can use another button, to write the numbers (2,3 in this case) in the corner of the box, in a smaller font.
Its very hard to remember all that stuff in you're head, you see :p
I used to be like that, having to use a pencil to make notes. But then someone showed me how to do it all in your head and it's actually made me a much better Sudoku player. It's a bit hard at first to do it all in your head but once you figure it out it comes very naturally.

Last edited by a moderator:
So sudoku on psp has lives =\
P.S.
Sorry my comp was brick and i did not add many... but i can work again! So wait i will release it =)

XaMMaX90 posted on Mar 6 2007 at 06:55 PM said:
So sudoku on psp has lives =\
P.S.
Sorry my comp was brick and i did not add many... but i can work again! So wait i will release it =)
cool :D

Edit: @ bitbandit, i'm sure I can't do that, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast :p

aapje89 posted on Mar 7 2007 at 07:02 AM said:
bitbandit, i'm sure I can't do that, I can't even remember what I had for breakfast :p
It's actually very easy, you don't have to remember anything. I remember when I first figured out how to do it all in my head I was amazed at how simple it was, it was a real revelation. I think the problem is that many people first lean how to do Sudoku by writing notes in the squares, which seems to be the easiest way to teach beginners how to play, and those people that learn that way seem to stick to it because they can't imagine any other way.

aapje89 posted on Mar 7 2007 at 07:19 AM said:
Well, teach me then, do you have a link to a page who explains how to do it maybe?
Unfortunately no, I'm not aware of any sites that teach you how to do it all in your head, they seem to all start off by teaching you the note-taking method, probably because it's an easy way to teach Sudoku.

I start off by working the rows from top to bottom. I look to see if there's already a 1 on the first row. If not then I look to see where a 1 could be placed. If I find there is more than one to put the 1 then I immediately look for where the 2 could be placed. I carry on till I've got up to 9 and then I move to the next line down.

Once I've reached the bottom then I work the columns, left to right. Same method.

Once I've finished the columns then I look at each 3 x 3 square, working top to bottom, left to right.

Once I've done all of that then I start again with the rows.

Most times this process works, but occassionally I get to the stage where I've done a complete pass through the grid (rows, columns, squares) without figuring out a single number. At that point I revert to writing notes, i.e. working out all of the possible numbers that can go in each square. Then I use the normal methods of looking for 2 doubles or 3 tripples.

Sorry if this sounds confusing, it's easier to show someone than it is to explain it! :)

Shirohagen posted on Feb 10 2007 at 11:24 AM said:
Sounds great, and I second all the commments here.

One thing: "Lives"? Surely Sudoku doesn't have lives? Won't that remove half the fun of trying numbers out, Sudoku is by nature a bit trial and error! Please let's just have freeplay of this one...

Good work though, looks great.

®

By nature, you should be able to finish a puzzle without guessing of any kind. It's purely logic driven if the puzzles are formed properly.

i bet it's going to be a candidate for gbax 2007 now
-----
Yeah, right! But i need fully rewrite game 8) And i have another game for gbax(not finish it yet). Hope i will finish it in time ^_^

P.S.
Crap, i have too many new anime to watch 8) But i think i will finish it in time =P

P.S.S.
My english really bad, sorry 8)

By the way my new game is Dva Tuza 8) But I am afraid shall not be in time for gbax 2007. So only sudoky from me 8)

XaMMaX90 said:
By the way my new game is Dva Tyza 8) But I am afraid shall not be in time for gbax 2007. So only sudoky from me 8)
Looks Intresting, what do you do in it?

I like your art in your games. :)

Looks Intresting, what do you do in it?
-----
This is interesting blackjack with plot 8) I hope you will like it then i finish it.

I like your art in your games.
-----
Thank you! And thanks to the Zephyr( http://vava.nightmail.ru/index.xml )! He help me with some art for my games Ж) He sell his GP2X but In spite of that he help me 8)

Back