New Games Working On Frodo B10?

Endurion

Website
Visit site
Hi, I was just wondering if there are more games working on the new frodo...

Mikie still doesn´t work I´v seen... but maybe some other do?

I don't know about the new games, but some of the t64/d64 images I have that used to work don't work any more. Gives me "?DEVICE NOT PRESENT ERROR" on commando.t64, jumpman.t64 etc. I don't know what is causing it. I am looking for beta 09 back.

one things for sure tho. it sure runs better in terms of speed :D

however i use it for nostalgic reasons (owning it as a small child b4 my parants split made it one of my only early happy memories) but mayhen in monster land, one of my favourite games back in the day, puzzles me. i can get to the main screen but cannot get any further. ive tried all of the keys and the joystick in both ports any ideas?

other than that classics like flimbos quest and dizzy3 work fine.

ufoufo posted on Aug 28 2004 at 09:33 PM said:
I don't know about the new games, but some of the t64/d64 images I have that used to work don't work any more. Gives me "?DEVICE NOT PRESENT ERROR" on commando.t64, jumpman.t64 etc. I don't know what is causing it. I am looking for beta 09 back.

That's pretty strange, as "?DEVICE NOT PRESENT ERROR" is an error message if the C64 is looking for a floppy disk drive and can't find it - and your images are tape images, they have nothing to do with a disk drive?!?

Last edited:
The tape image loader still goes through the IEC interface though, and bugs in that layer (or the tape layer itself) can cause that error message to appear. These are normally the case of a filename that can not be opened, but there are other reasons.

IEC layer sets error code ST_NOTPRESENT if the tape layer fails to set the Ready flag, for example, which is normally because of an I/O error or memory problem (but most likely an I/O error)

Try getting d64 versions of those games, maybe they will fare better? Or just alternate roms? Some hacked versions may not work, but others could.

I'm getting the Device not Present error too with ROMs which always used to work fine. I overwrote the old copy of Frodo I had with this new one so if anyone has a download link to the old beta9 then I'd be grateful!

Hopefully this bug can be fixed ASAP so that I can make the most of the save states! (Oh, and the collision detection in Dropzone too)

®

The menus are a lot faster and smoother - great when you have a lot of t64 and d64 on your smc like I do!
The 'PC' version plays MsPacman at 100% speed.
But I believe I do see more frameskipping in games, less fluid graphics and a cracks in the sound output that wasn't there before.
I just keep all betas on my smc. Great work btw! Frodo was one of the reasons to get me a 2nd gp32, this time a blu!
Cheers, Mark

Yeah, there is sound crackle in Boulderdash where there wasn't before, but at least the menus themselves don't crackle anymore!

I have been testing more of my ROMs and there are A LOT which fail to load due to the Device Not Found Error. I have found a backup of Beta9 so I have no choice but to go back to that until the bug is solved. Has anyone apart from ufoufo and me found this at all?

I neeeed the savestates!

®

There was a bug affecting about half of all t64 files. Fix will be in next Friday's release.

Back