New Game Idea: Hax

Tristan

n00bie GP32 coder (MasterMind)
Website
Visit site
Right, let me first say that this is just an idea, and should be treated as such. So I'd like some positive feedback, and no flaming please ;)

I have been told the setup kind of looks like a game called Uplink, but I never intended it be a remake or anything of that game. Also, after some research I found out that even though it bears some resemblance to that game, it's different enough for it to be a game on it's own.

Anyway, here goes:

Hax

When you start, you select a route across the globe through different nodes, which are basically normal computers. You do this to provide some means of protection from the counterhacking you will encounter at your main target (More about this later) There are four different nodes, marked by green, yellow, red and black.
The green nodes are easiest to hack, but provide little protection. The yellow nodes are harder to hack, but provide medium protection. The red nodes are hard to hack, and provide enough protection. The black nodes are almost impossible to hack, but provide the best protection. The main objective of the game is to reach the end, and hack the computer you want to gain access to.

Hacking the nodes:

At the top of the screen, a randomly rotating bar of numbers can be seen. One at a time, these numbers will drop. You have to lock them in place, by giving the correct key combination, displayed at the top of the screen. The node will try to unlock the digits already locked in place, the faster you did your keycombo, the better they are locked in place. If the node can unlock digits faster then you can lock them, you're stuffed, and the node blows up your network card. You will have to find another route, if you run out of routes, or network cards it's Game Over. The harder a node, the longer the code, and the harder the key combos. The key combo's are basically an encryption.

Hacking the mainframe:

The mainframe is the computer you're aiming for. It'll probably be a banks main computer or something. You'll reach the mainframe after you've hacked through all of the nodes you selected.

The mainframe is basically the same as a node, only it will not only unlock your locked digits, it will also hack you back. It will ofcourse have to come across all the nodes you used, the more nodes you used, the longer it will take. It will do this significantly faster then you did though. When it hacks through the nodes, the screen will split, showing your computer being hacked, and you hacking the mainframe. If the mainframe wins, you're busted, and have to abandon your computer, because the coppers are already on their way ;)

Ok, so it's a little rough around the edges, but the main idea is there. Now I'm going to try and program this myself, but as I'm known to drop things, it might not get finished. So if any other programmer finds this idea a good one, you're free to try.

The code is available but you need a liscence I believe to make a copy of it or port it.

That's a nice idea and would be easier than most of the ideas (posted here) to make...
I'm sure somebody might think about it (don't expect anything though, as developers tend to want to develop their own games not other peoples).
In fact it is very difficult to get anything made via here at all (try counting the things that have been made from ideas on here).
Perhaps you should consider learning C++ and doing it yourself. B)

uhh you guys dont understand that is not a game that already exists. Its an idea that at first sounds similar to Uplink(a real game) :D

as to uplink they have realesed a developers cd and are selling it at thier website i think at £10 or £20 they supply complete sourcecode and some development tools as i understand it may be an interesting project to port it for gp32 i think i will have a look. as i loved the pc version highly reccomend that neone who enjoys management games trys uplink :)

Back