Need Battery Charger

Octavious

Programer Guru! ...in the making
Website
www.retroportables.4x2.net
well, I am not looking to buy one at the present moment, but heres what I need in a charger

does 4 batteries at a time
does AA and AAA ( obviously not at the same time lol )
complete decharge option and then it recharges
wall plug obviously but a car charger if posiable
and I would like it to also be able to use the batteries it charges and be a power pack with a cord
last one if posable, also with a selectable feature for how much it puts out

well, anyone know a charger with these features, has to have top 3, but would like all
so, could you help me find which one I need to get?
I will buy one during the summer
Thx

~Octavious

you said you want the option to completely discharge and recharge, but this isn't recommended for NiMh batteries.. It's actually bad for them and will shorten the life of your battery.

I totally recommend the Rayovac I-C3 15min charger.

PS6-9_InchCharger.gif

http://www.rayovac.com/15minutes/facts.html

It comes with 4 AA batteries. It takes AA and AAAs, it comes with a wall plug with cord and some packs come with a car adapter. It charges the special I-C3 batteries in 15mins and it charges regular ones like any other charger.

You will never be without batteries for long if you have one of these.. I use them in everything and I have never had a problem with the batteries (Have about 18 total) or the charger.

Don't even listen to any other advice.. just go get them.

Radioshack also sells it but it is rebranded with thier logo. It's the exact same charger.

you said you want the option to completely discharge and recharge, but this isn't recommended for NiMh batteries.. It's actually bad for them and will shorten the life of your battery.
I race RC Cars and its Recommended to DisCharge Nimh Battery packs (But not completely...) Usually people Discharge there packs to 0.9 - 1.2 Volts per a Cell... It gives you more performace, but Discharging them down to 0 Volts is bad...

Last edited by a moderator:
Back