My Gp2x Analog Stick

Daggerlee

Still Fresh
The minute i started playing my GP2X emulators. I have noticed that my when i try to move left, it doesnt work properly. right , up, and down work great, so do the rest of the buttons. But when i try to move left i have problems and usually die on the game im playing. Cause my characture doesnt move.

Is there a way i can fix this issue? Please help. Its making me hate playing my GP2X, and its BRAND NEW!

pull the black plastic cap of the top of the stick and see if it works with out it....it just pops of with a small bit of force..

Mine did this, although it was from the first batch I would have thought they had sorted that now.
As fatdad said, pull the joystick cap off of its metal shaft. Then I put a little tiny piece of paper into the cap and replaced it -- this lifts the cap up slightly, enough to provent it hitting the case when you push left.

I had similar problems at first with mine. I fixed it by moving the stick around in a circular motion. Eventually it started working properly. Maybe you can try this aswell and see if you notice and improvement.

carlgeorge said:
Mine did this, although it was from the first batch I would have thought they had sorted that now.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Breathe :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

No they haven't fixed it, they are still using the same joystick. This has been covered, it is crap.
As fatdad said, pull the joystick cap off of its metal shaft. Then I put a little tiny piece of paper into the cap and replaced it -- this lifts the cap up slightly, enough to provent it hitting the case when you push left.

That will help if it is hitting.

Rotating the stick will help if it is kind of broken, a standard thing due to the lousy stick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back