Mupen64 Going to Black Screen... Need Help[SOLVED]

data079

Still Fresh
Hey, I have looked around and googled around but I can't seem to find a solution to this problem on the pandora. I downloaded mupen64 in order to play some of my old games. Got the ROMs on there just fine but every time I try to start one it goes to a black screen for quite a while until I do the power and pandora button reset. I really want to at least be able to play Paper Mario. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could give me a step by step guide on getting mupen64 to work so that I could play some of these games. Thanks!

Where did you get mupen from? Which games do you want to play? Some roms that you get from some sites on the net are zipped and they won't work if anything but the romfile is in the archive. Try to unzip the the archives and load the rom directly.

Some games simply don't work. I would have loved to have played Conker's Bad Fur Day on Pandora but sadly it wasn't to be. 

Sorry it's taken me such a very long time to reply... It happens with all roms, Mupen64 is completely useless to me. They are unzipped and in varying formats. I got mupen from the official pandora repo, I've tried the pc version and the version on the pandora itself and they both have the same result. I'd like to get some resolution to this problem so if you don't mind I'm going to do a self *Bump*

Try deleting the /media/YOURSDCARD/pandora/appdata/mupen directory and try it then. I forgot the exact name of the mupen directory, but it has to be a config issue or a corrupted PND download.. if that doesn't work try to re-download it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Also, if it doesn't work on the Pandora and on the PC, there might be something wrong with your roms.

Hey, thanks for the input, I have re-dowloaded mupen via the internet repo on my computer and put it on my SD card after clearing out the app data folder, it now works just fine! Thank you very much for your time!

Back