Multiple Emulation Issues

devour

Still Fresh
So. I just got a GP2X Wiz, and I love it, but I cannot get any of my emulators working! I have read, re-read, and re-re-read all the readme's, but I cannot seem to get them to work.

We'll start with gpSP, It starts, I could select a rom, then the menu came back up. Then, I tried to included .sav files, and that brought me to a white screen that stayed white forever. I then tryed zipping the roms, but not the saves, and that just brought me to the menu again. I'm now offically stumped.

Now, on to PocketSNES, I load a rom, and get a flashing red screen with white dashes. I don't even know where to start here.

Psx4gp2x runs, but it freezes at the screen that says SONY PLAYSTATION. It's also running at 8.25fps, but i guess that is unavoidable.

So. Someone PLEASE help me. I am stumped, and I really want this to work.

Firstly... what RupeeClock said...

Secondly in case you did download the right WIZ version emulators...

For gpSP make sure you have a proper GBA Bios rom.

For PocketSNES, make sure you have the latest version, I know when I first used an older version of this emulator there was some sort of sound glitch, it wouldn't load any of the roms unless I changed the sound sampling rate and performed a global save, after I did that it worked pretty well.

For Psx4gp2x, unless you are a beta tester... I wouldn't even bother, I don't believe the emulator has any games in playable condition yet.

MiOdd said:
Firstly... what RupeeClock said...

Secondly in case you did download the right WIZ version emulators...

For gpSP make sure you have a proper GBA Bios rom.

For PocketSNES, make sure you have the latest version, I know when I first used an older version of this emulator there was some sort of sound glitch, it wouldn't load any of the roms unless I changed the sound sampling rate and performed a global save, after I did that it worked pretty well.

For Psx4gp2x, unless you are a beta tester... I wouldn't even bother, I don't believe the emulator has any games in playable condition yet.

Well, I did download from the wiz archive, and I do have the proper gba BIOS and the correct version of pocketSNES, so I will try re-downloading and trying aagain, and changing the sound sampling rate if I need to. Thanks for your speedy replies.

Last edited by a moderator:
If other homebrew isn't working as well you should try reinstalling your firmware.
But I thikn that won't be needed.

About the SNES sound rate its the 22500 rate :)

Ok, I Figured that it might be my firmware, which I havent upgraded. SO, I loaded up firmware update for 1.1.0 and I held R, I did everything it said, but I never got an update screen. Then, I tried 1.0.1, to which I pressed B at the upgrade screen, and I was greeted to a black screen that stayed that way for 3 hours straight. I am extremely confused, and think that I might have the new firmware, but have no earthly Idea on how to check.

So. Now I need help with the firmware.

Thanks in advance,

devour

The firmware updates at the moment are a bit scary to be frank, my system was shipped with the latest and current firmware so I haven't had to update it, yet.

You can check your firmware version by going to the Wiz menu and going into the settings, and then information.
(Highlight information in the list and press right on the dpad)

Mine says VERSION 1.1.0, Firmware Linux.2.6.24 Revision 222.

Well, It turns out I am on the latest version, so I am back to my original questions, which i will try some of you original answers when I am back home. Thank you guys.

Hello,

Just got my wiz aswell, and i tried to install emulators and cant get it to work either. I really dont get it and its pretty frustrating. I've read all post and everything, its also because i dont understand what the vocabulary like rom bios and all that stuff. Doesnt anybody have some link to a really basic step by step guide or something.

Greets Tokugawa.

well i posted the same thing with gpsp a few threads ago, still doesn't work..the same error, it returns to the menu. at least i have my gba micro

Back