Mom On Dosbox - Possible?

Rard

Still Fresh
Has anyone tried to get Masters Of Magic to run with DOSbox on the GP2X and, if so (and it worked!) what config/ mapping etc did you use? - not on the list of tested games on the wiki.

Sorry if this is a daft question - from early experiments, I'm getting the impression the GP2X doesn't have the processing power to keep up, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong on this!

Thanks,

'Rard

Rard said:
Has anyone tried to get Masters Of Magic to run with DOSbox on the GP2X and, if so (and it worked!) what config/ mapping etc did you use? - not on the list of tested games on the wiki.

Sorry if this is a daft question - from early experiments, I'm getting the impression the GP2X doesn't have the processing power to keep up, but I'm hoping that I'm wrong on this!

Thanks,

'Rard
umm to make dosbox files its pretty easy i will make them for u :]

ok for ur masters and of magic folder rename mom
for ur masters of magic .exe file w/e name it is rename mom.exe all lower case
put dosbox on sd card
so make ur folders in this order
sd/dosbox/mom

copy this to note pad and save it as

dosbox.conf

[sdl]
fulldouble=false
output=surface
sensitivity=100
mapperfile=mapper.txt

[dosbox]
machine=vga
memsize=8

[cpu]
core=simple
cycles=1200

[mixer]
nosound=false
rate=22050
blocksize=2048
prebuffer=30

[sblaster]
sbtype=none
sbbase=220
irq=7
dma=1
hdma=5
mixer=true
oplmode=auto
oplrate=22050

[gus]
gus=false
gusrate=22050
gusbase=240
irq1=5
irq2=5
dma1=3
dma2=3
ultradir=C:\ULTRASND

[speaker]
pcspeaker=true
pcrate=22050
tandy=auto
tandyrate=22050
disney=true

[joystick]
joysticktype=none

[dos]
xms=true
ems=true
umb=true

[autoexec]
mount C "/mnt/sd/dosbox/mom"
c:
mom.EXE

Save this as mapper.txt in notepad

hand_shutdown "key 105 mod1"
key_esc "key 112"
key_enter "key 110"
key_bspace "key 111"
key_kp_8 "key 97"
key_kp_7 "key 98"
key_kp_4 "key 99"
key_kp_1 "key 100"
key_kp_2 "key 101"
key_kp_3 "key 102"
key_kp_6 "key 103"
key_kp_9 "key 104"
key_kp_5 "key 109"
key_a "key 109 mod1"
key_b "key 110 mod1"
key_x "key 112 mod1"
key_y "key 111 mod1"
key_l "key 108"
key_r "key 107"
mod_1 "key 114" "key 305"

if these controls stink redo it

save this as in notepad

mom.gpe

#! /bin/sh

DIRROOT=/mnt/sd/dosbox
DIRGAME=${DIRROOT}/mom

cd ${DIRGAME}
${DIRROOT}/dosbox -conf ${DIRGAME}/dosbox.conf

cd /usr/gp2x
exec /usr/gp2x/gp2xmenu

ok put these 3 in mom folder

ohhh i havent tried this yet..

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Predatorramboxxx,

I've already had a go with a similar set of config and mapping files to the ones in your post below but I'm just getting black screen (i.e. it refuses to start) - I was really just wondering if this is a non-starter because the GP2X just hasn't got the power, or if anyone else has found a setup that works...

The 'readme' file for dosbox reckons that some games won't start if the cycles/ cpu cycle parameter is set too low and I have tried various settings up to about 1800 (supposed to be about the maximum the GP2X can handle) - is there anything else you would recommend playing about with in the config file before I give up on it?

Cheers,

Rard

Rard said:
Thanks Predatorramboxxx,

I've already had a go with a similar set of config and mapping files to the ones in your post below but I'm just getting black screen (i.e. it refuses to start) - I was really just wondering if this is a non-starter because the GP2X just hasn't got the power, or if anyone else has found a setup that works...

The 'readme' file for dosbox reckons that some games won't start if the cycles/ cpu cycle parameter is set too low and I have tried various settings up to about 1800 (supposed to be about the maximum the GP2X can handle) - is there anything else you would recommend playing about with in the config file before I give up on it?

Cheers,

Rard
umm sorry for late post is it a cd game???
aalos send me the files and i will make it work unless it is like quest for glory 4 which i cant get to work

Last edited by a moderator:
Back