Metal Slug Disqualified!!!

bubble

Still Fresh
Anybody out there know why Metal Slug was disqualified from the Tomak competition? Is it cause it was just a demo? I was really looking forward to playing the full version as well. Doh! :(

I'm not surprised it was disqualified; three days after the compo and its still not up. If it dousn't make the deadline, it shouldn't have been entered in the first place. Even with the grace period braindead2 prob wasnt able to send it (for whatever reason). Cant hold up a competition for one entry...

yeah I hadnt thought of it that way. Hope he can sort his problems out soon. The demo showed great promise.

Does anyone know whats the best way to play joust on gp32_console ?

I had a feeling that he was just stalling to get it done, and that there would be consequences for it...

yea- hope this dousnt stop him from finishing them or sending them or whatever the hells the problem. The demo was pretty sweet...

hey, if he releases it and it is really cool after all, no one will care about the fact that it wasn't in the contest properly, he'll get respect for doing a good job - and that's the point, right?

right !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Braindead is one of the best coder in the gp32scene !

I guess it's jsut sad he wont be in the running for a prize, but the'll still that the addoration and kudos if he does eventually deliver the game!

bubble posted on May 5 2004 at 11:47 PM said:
Does anyone know whats the best way to play joust on gp32_console ?
Haven't found a decent version yet - hopefully Squidge's Lynx emulator will be up and running soon which will give us an arcade perfect version of Joust...

Last edited by a moderator:
tell you what if that finishes metal slug, ill give the guy a prize..... infact i had a dream about it. its just come back to me. cool i had a gp32 dream :) i was reading the gp32x page and it saying that he'd finished the metal slug game and it was 6 or 7 levels........ i wonder if it'll will come true.

Back