Metal Slug 5 Rom

Twimfy

OMG 3 years here!
Website
www.stctg.co.uk
This slipped out a few weeks ago I think, having just aquired it I've been struggling to get it working. I can get it recognised in NeoRageX by changing the names of all the seperate .bin within the Zip into .rom, it still won't load. Others have got as far as getting garbled graphics.

Has anbody had better luck? 'cos I'm desperate to play this.

I think I've heard about some emulators specifically disabling these "newer" games out of respect to the developers. If this is the case then you'll just have to wait year or two

pubjoe posted on Feb 18 2004 at 10:05 PM said:
yeah, works with modified mame, been around for a while now...

Just try that Torrent thingy program.
Sounds promising, could you be a little more specific. Mame is something I've never used before as for the program you mention, never heard of it.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah, once youve downloded the bittorrent program (tiny download), you can go somewhere like suprnova.org to search for files.

You hopefully won't need a lot of knowledge to get it to work, my download came with a modified mame ready to play.

(Sorry mods if this is a bit to close to the bone, please delete if necessary)

[edit] You don't use Mame??? ARE YOU MAD??? [/edit]

[edit2] ...But you have a GP32??.... To play classic games????? :blink: [/edit2]

I'm not that classic, and I've just rememberred that I've used bittorrent once before this week. I emulate most things individually, the only arcade games I emulate are CPS2 NeoGeo and Sega Model 2, so I prefer to have individual interfaces and file organisation for each.

iv`e downloaded metal slug 5 yesterday! in the rar followed a ms5mame and it worked...try mame. but i think it sucked compared to 1,2 and 3 <_<

I'm using the modified version of mame that comes with the rom I found. Only problem is that you can't edit config files or install a frontend(as far as I know) to configure the controls which means it's damn uncomfortable to play...It's also the US version as well which means white blood.

Back