Deleted User posted on Oct 9 2005 at 01:53 PM said:
What is it?

Never played FLI-Files on old DOS PCs?
I remember playing some on my 286.

It's a movie format :)

Last edited:
Quiest posted on Oct 9 2005 at 12:36 PM said:
Sad, no BLU+ compatibility :(

I presume Optimus used SDL for this util because it has FLI support. To compile with blu+ support the library c_bluplus must be used (change -lc for -lc_bluplus in the makefile)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just after uploading the player, disconecting from the internet and going to sleep, I was annoyed by the fact that I've totally forgotten to mention somewhere in the txt file or elsewhere that someone has to create the directory FLI inside GPMM, where he should store the FLI files. But I guess you figured it out yourself, cause I didn't see someone complaining ;)

I also forgot to include a selection for BLU+ which is very easy to include. And several other minor things too (skipping the intro, speed selection, etc.). I am already working on v0.2 which will correct these issues..

The player uses Mr.Mikro's SDK and no SDL (unlike the PC version of the player in my site), wow, I didn't know SDL had even support for FLI files! I wrote the player myself after reading the specification of the FLI format from some old doc.

p.s. And yes, I was wondering why those 4 scene demos were not on the gp32x files, so I uploaded them also yesterday..

I wrote a FLI player for DOS some years ago, its a nice animation format that originates in Autodesk Animator for DOS. It is only graphics, no sound there, but then the SMK (SMacK) formad evolved from it and it involved sound as well.

Uhm,. that gp32 download site was annoying,. I wanted to edit the megaflicks entry and upload the new version for it, but I had to remove the file with descriptions and add an entirelly new entry..

Anyways,. MegaFLIcks v0.2 is here. Best changes: BLU+ support, L/R keys during animation playing for faster/slower playing speed. Some menu at the beginning for options. Whirli does load :)

Gotta work on my demo now..

Back