Made In China!

(naw)mcx said:
1zx0106.jpg

Sorry
GOD F***ING DAMN YOU APPLE FOR STEALING MY DESIGN!

Attachments

• 1zx0106.jpg
    1zx0106.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 84
Last edited by a moderator:
That logo automagically doubles the price, cripples the machine and holds it in stupidly high regard by 90% of the planet :p

Dead1nside said:
I'm a bit worried that ED's news is that the cases are again a no go.

Hope for an update tomorrow.

Sorry for not posting a while... a lot of things came together at the same time:
A lot to do in normal life's work, stupid stuff like doing taxes paperwork, Dingoos and WIZ were sold out and new ones just arrived a few days ago (so I'm still working on packaging up all the orders that were made while I didn't have any)... geez.
I guess I did work a bit too much a I couldn't do anything on Friday when I came home except for posting that small entry and then go to bed...
Today (Sunday) I already had to work again (normal life's work) and only had the Saturday to recover.
While I'm feeling better already there's a lot to catch up.

I can't tell you if the cases have been shipped or not - I haven't spoken to Fatih yet (he's smarter than me - instead of risking his health he's actually trying to keep his weekens free), so I can't do an update yet.
I already wrote together all I know that has happened lately, but I need the other guys to send some more information to me (I don't want to post anything wrong and start anymore discussions because I didn't know it any better).
It might even be that they also need to gather some information themselves, so I can't tell you when the new blog post will come online.

Me posting any speculations doesn't make sense, and as I didn't have the time to follow everything last week it would certainly be more speculation than knowing what really has happened.

So as hard as it is (and as high the suspense is): Please be a bit more patient. I know how you feel - I want to know if everything went fine or not myself :)

Last edited:
(naw)mcx said:

Would anyone blame me for canceling at this point?

Attachments

• 1zx0106.jpg
    1zx0106.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 76
EvilDragon said:
Dead1nside said:

Sorry for not posting a while... a lot of things came together at the same time:
A lot to do in normal life's work, stupid stuff like doing taxes paperwork, Dingoos and WIZ were sold out and new ones just arrived a few days ago (so I'm still working on packaging up all the orders that were made while I didn't have any)... geez.
I guess I did work a bit too much a I couldn't do anything on Friday when I came home except for posting that small entry and then go to bed...
Today (Sunday) I already had to work again (normal life's work) and only had the Saturday to recover.

I can't tell you if the cases have been shipped or not - I haven't spoken to Fatih yet (he's smarter than me - instead of risking his health he's actually trying to keep his weekens free), so I can't do an update yet.
I already wrote together all I know that has happened lately, but I need the other guys to send some more information to me (I don't want to post anything wrong and start anymore discussions because I didn't know it any better).
It might even be that they also need to gather some information themselves, so I can't tell you when the new blog post will come online.

Me posting any speculations doesn't make sense, and as I didn't have the time to follow everything last week it would certainly be more speculation than knowing what really has happened.

So as hard as it is (and as high the suspense is): Please be a bit more patient. I know how you feel - I want to know if everything went fine or not myself :)

all I can say is while there's no news get an early night ED

thanks for the update though :)

Budgie said:

Would love to - but I still got eMails to reply, more paperwork to do and work on the instructions manual so we can get it printed next week :)

Last edited:
EvilDragon said:
Budgie said:

Would love to - but I still got eMails to reply, more paperwork to do and work on the instructions manual so we can get it printed next week :)

I sent you a PM a few days ago ED but no rush, leave it until your bored. Maybe 2014 ;)

Budgie said:
I sent you a PM a few days ago ED but no rush, leave it until your bored. Maybe 2014 ;)

But they'll be gearing up (and suffering from more lack of sleep) for the Pandora 2 or Pandora 3 then :p

EvilDragon said:
Dead1nside said:

Hi ED,

Thanks for replying to my message personally.

I hope you know we all want you to take it a bit easier, you must be running close to empty. Satisfying our F5 twitch fingers is not worth your health.

We all want the same thing, we're all hoping for the same thing.

Your approach in how to notify the community is the best one. We'll wait until you've got all the information and are happy.

Take it easier!

Gerix said:

I wouldn't.

Rant:

The important specs for me: Portable, open, decent screen, fast, wifi, affordable, touchscreen, ... only nice to have: double analogue gaming controls and keyboard. I realise that many people here give a high priority to the double analogue controls, but hey, this is my time to talk.

The idea was to program some portable "new and exciting" stuff. For the combination of my requirements the Pandora was a star, back in September 2008 when I ordered my first, thinking I would have it by xmass 2008. When that didn't happen I put those "new and exciting" projects in the back burner, I even ordered a second unit. And in September 2009 when delivery was imminent and I had another "new and exciting" project in mind I ordered another two.

I cancelled the four orders seven weeks ago and got my money back promptly.

I have no regrets about cancelling, even though the delivery date was allegedly only two weeks away. My only regret is not cancelling earlier. Being focused on the Pandora, which was always "almost there", I neglected to look around at other platforms and my projects were just day-dreams. Basically I was a complete w*nker. Now I'm productive again. I'm programming in a new platform, with devices that have edge and price that _today_ beat the crap out of the Pandora (except for the gaming controls), and tomorrow will beat it even more because they are not niche-market devices.

I still get some guilty pleasure (sorry!) coming back here and seeing how right I was to get off the rickety bandwagon. I'm sure that you'll all get the delivery, the Pandora is not vapour-ware!, but it was for a long time, and is now irrelevant. As that guy with the moustache said: "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn".

For anybody who wants to order now: You don't have to wait for anybody to cancel, there are plenty of pre-orders available, I had no trouble ordering mine. And I don't blame OP for "managing" that information, just business!. Although I do blame them a bit for offloading so much risk on the community. If they were swindlers (like Gizmondo) I wouldn't blame them, I would just hate their guts, and join a sue-their-asses group.

As to being afraid of being "blamed" for cancelling now: The only reason you feel like that is because you belong to a self-supporting victims group. Get off it!, get on with your life!.

Sorry if this is in the wrong thread, it's the answer to a direct question posted here. Anyway, I had my say, back to programming ...

dmori said:
Gerix said:

I wouldn't.

Rant:

The important specs for me: Portable, open, decent screen, fast, wifi, affordable, touchscreen, ... only nice to have: double analogue gaming controls and keyboard. I realise that many people here give a high priority to the double analogue controls, but hey, this is my time to talk.

The idea was to program some portable "new and exciting" stuff. For the combination of my requirements the Pandora was a star, back in September 2008 when I ordered my first, thinking I would have it by xmass 2008. When that didn't happen I put those "new and exciting" projects in the back burner, I even ordered a second unit. And in September 2009 when delivery was imminent and I had another "new and exciting" project in mind I ordered another two.

I cancelled the four orders seven weeks ago and got my money back promptly.

I'm programming in a new platform, with devices that have edge and price that _today_ beat the crap out of the Pandora (except for the gaming controls), and tomorrow will beat it even more because they are not niche-market devices.

Out of curiosity, what devices are those?
I still haven't found anything else "Portable, open, decent screen, fast, wifi, affordable, touchscreen" like the Pandora (or at least Pandora+dongle). My criteria also include decent -- but not necessarily gaming -- controls, which still excludes every phone I've seen, much like 'affordable' does. So if you know of some serious competition I'd love to hear about it

dmori said:
Rant:

...I do blame them a bit for offloading so much risk on the community.

My thoughts entirely. Glad to see that some buyers were not fanatical fanboys. I guess those folks have been largely weeded out.

I sincerely hope that something else emerges with a vaguely similar form-factor, less emphasis on the joysticks is just fine. I don't think that I'll ever be getting my Pandora for one reason or another.

Yeah I don't blame anyone for canceling...

However, I'm a gamer, and a gadget geek - there is still nothing close out there or in development that I know of. Gaming controls are #1. Keyboard is also HUGE... Touchscreen wasn't THAT important to me... but I'm really really glad it's there. Wifi is cool, but I'm most interested in gaming, however with there being a full OS wifi is almost required.

Back