Listen to MP3's while playing games ?

Betty 2001

I was wondering if it was possible for all the GP32 emulater programers to possibly include an option to listen to MP3's while playing the emulater (sort of like listening to MP3's on the Xbox while playing games).

Is this possible ? I know the C64 emulater still hasn't got sound, would this be an easier option ?.

Thanks very much.

I believe playing MP3s takes up most of the processing power of the GP32, and emulators also take up the majority of the CPU power, so I don't think running them together would work so well ;)

I think that you should just buy a portable media player, and play those MP3s while playing the game ;) (the game on 0 volume of course)

This must be possible even, if it means loosing a bit of quality.

This idea has to be considered as it will take handhelds to the next level.

How about if you were running a really basic game like chuck egg or something similiar?

:blink:

Gah, and I just started a multitasking thread in the help section >_<

Is it possible to listen to MP3's whilst you have a text viewer or something that doesn't require much processing power? Listening to music whilst reading a book on the bus with a single device would totally rock.

..Cannot agree -- just get a real book and read it? and play your mp3s or vice versa with a walkman or something...it maybe considered way in the future but I think there is better time to be spent on actually optimising the emulators and getting them 100%.

timthepig posted on Apr 14 2003 said:
..Cannot agree -- just get a real book and read it? and play your mp3s or vice versa with a walkman or something...it maybe considered way in the future but I think there is better time to be spent on actually optimising the emulators and getting them 100%.
Yes, I could just take a real book and my minidisc player, but there are several key advantages to having books and music available on a GP32. First, and most importantly, is the size. If it's all on one device, then there's only one thing you need to carry. That also means only one thing to carry batteries for. A GP32 can store dozzens of books and mp3s, and is lighter and smaller than the average size novel, if you ignore the fact you have to carry your minidisc player too. Secondly, real books get damaged very easily and are fiddly. A GP32 is far easier to use ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Degenerate posted on Apr 13 2003 said:
Gah, and I just started a multitasking thread in the help section >_<

Is it possible to listen to MP3's whilst you have a text viewer or something that doesn't require much processing power? Listening to music whilst reading a book on the bus with a single device would totally rock.
Hi,

There is one, It`s available for download from this site.

Here`s the Link. :)

Hope this helps,

Regards

Trooper

Last edited by a moderator:
No problems for me... if I remember correctly I start viewing the text file, then while I'm reading press start and it begins playing. I never tried it a LOT though, as I don't have any text files on the SMC I use for MP3s.

I played around some, as a quick update, the keys I found while reading a .txt file:

Start - Starts music
A - Next MP3 (not sure of order)
B - Saves Bookmark/Exits
R - Next Screen
L - Prev Screen
Sel+A - Switch between Portrait/Landscape modes (normal GP32 screen or on its side)
Sel+B - Switch between wordwrap and not

If there are other keys I didn't find them in a quick test, but these should work well enough.

Back