Liero Clone Port

FarazParsa

Still Fresh
Website
www.farazparsa.tk
First of all, yes I searched and I found a handfull of topics discussing this, only that they were pretty old, some dating back to pre-2X. I'm suprised nobody has done a port of this yet, when we have like 3 Tower Defence clones. The original Liero is closed souce, but try the many, MANY clones. Also, it doesn't use that many buttons...so IN THEORY...multi-player?

LIERO LIERO LIERO :D :D :D

It was written in Pascal, tho. It wouldn't be closed-source if the author's HDD hadn't crashed.

Dosbox, mebbe? It only needs a 386, and it runs fine on my friend's 486 laptop w/ 8MB of RAM.

Faraz Parsa said:
I'm suprised nobody has done a port of this yet, when we have like 3 Tower Defence clones.
To port and to clone is a very different thing. "10000-in-1 Vectar Game"
Faraz Parsa said:
The original Liero is closed souce, but try the many, MANY clones. Also, it doesn't use that many buttons...so IN THEORY...multi-player?
As you mentioned "searched" - should you post some links to these many, MANY clones's homepages or sourcecodes?

Multi-Player is better to reacheable by Gp2x Cradle. Up to 4 players on USB GamePads as well as on plugged keyboard.

Last edited by a moderator:
NiL (http://nil.sourceforge.net) is open source and the older versions use pure SDL. (Newer builds need OpenGL, though).
With some work, using an old version of the NiL source code, it would be possible.

nil sounds good. I would like to see some screenshots. Might be possible to compile it using the gpu940 module for opengl if it's not too gfx intensive (I mean, egoboo runs fairly decent so why should a 2d game not run?)...

Back