Lib Problems

TwoHeadedBoy

Website
Visit site
:(
Could someone give me some help on this one? What am I doing wrong with the libs? I put them into the root of my SD card in both the compressed and the zipped formats, and went into utilitys and chose to install it. The screen goes blank for half a second then goes back to the main menu, doing nothing. I can't play SNES or NeoCD or, I'm guessing, almost anything else without them (Quake and Frodo are working fine though).
Any suggestions?

Extract the content of the zip to a folder and copy those 2 files at the top of the SD card. You should have 2 files copied: install_libs.gpu and install_libs.tar.gz. Then start the console with the SD card in it and run install_libs. You should have a black screen for 2 seconds (not .5s) and return to the menu. If this doesn't work, I can help you further.

The content of the .gpu file should be unix text formatted containing:
<pre>
#!/bin/sh
tar -zxvf /mnt/sd/install_libs.tar.gz -C /
cd /usr/gp2x
./gp2xmenu
</pre>

Thanks for the help, but I just ended up with a blank screen for about 5 minutes before I turned it off. Is install_libs.tar.gz supposed to be zipped?

Are you using windows to unzip? If the screen remains black, it probably means the .gpu file was saved as a DOS text (with CRLF at the end of each line) and not Unix text files (LF only at the end).

If you open the file with notepad and saved it, it might have corrupted the file. Find an editor that lets you save as unix text (Editpad, Crimson Editor) or use dos2unix to filter the file. You can also extract it again from the original zip.

As far as install_libs.tar.gz, it must remain gzipped and be at the root of the SD card.

Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't install the lib on my unit before I installed the firmware upgrade, then when I ran the library installer, the screen went black for 5-10 seconds as the tar file was uncompressed. Now the games work perfectly for me.

I couldn't install the lib on my unit before I installed the firmware upgrade, then when I ran the library installer, the screen went black for 5-10 seconds as the tar file was uncompressed. Now the games work perfectly for me.

Ah right, okay, where can I get the firmware upgrade?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back