LCD?

I rarely use my pandora outdoors so im yet to experiernce this. But just wondering if some people are having an issue viewing the screen because of the glare created by the sun, would buying a small piece of anti-glare film of the internet for pennys and cutting it to fit the pandoras screen and attaching it with some small blobs of blue tack or something of that description which is not permenant to the 2mil groove which runs around the screen and turning up the screen brightness. In theory this should make the screen more visable when outside, will be a cheep solution and wont leave you with a permenantly darkened screen when indoors, and shouldnt leave takky sticky marks on the screen.

To help with a sunlight glare problem, for perhaps a year now I've been preparing to buy this along with my Pandora.

http://www.zagg.com/...ins-shields.php

The $14.99 screen coverage option of course. I've stolen the link from someone forgettable whom I've forgotten. Won't help brightness any I imagine.

Last edited by a moderator:
The new firmware update has been released and includes a Gamma-Brightness setting for using the Pandora outdoors.

I've never had much difficulty using the Pandora outdoors. Never messed with gamma settings before. This is going to blind me, isn't it?

I've never had much difficulty using the Pandora outdoors. Never messed with gamma settings before. This is going to blind me, isn't it?

;) Nope. How should it? The LCD can't be brighter, but the Gamma can be enhanced so that dark areas will be more visibile in daylight.

The N900 seems to do the same thing automatically.

I traded in my 256 Pandora for 1Ghz model (#68 in craigs) would it be possible to use the screen from my traded in unit in the 1ghz version?

some of the newer screens have been shown to have less vivid colours (blue, whites, blacks) when compared to the older screens, something to do with changes in manufacturing process i think

Granted I have recently noticed that the old screens were indeed much brighter.I tried alien breed 2 on amiga emu and because of the dark colour pallete I could definately notice the difference.Still its pretty good.

Back