Just Got My Gp32 And I Can't Load Anything...

SCTW

Still Fresh
Hello,

I just got my [used] GP32. It's the one with the orange background menu. It came with 2 SMC cards. When I use one of the SMC cards, everything works fine. With the other SMC card, I can't load anything. Not the movie viewer, nor the launcher. If anyone can point me in the right directions or provide steps on how to get it working I would *REALLY* appreciate it.

I tried formatting it, and copying files over from my other SMC using GP32 Manager, but so far no luck.

Thanks in advance.

Well, it seems as though the one SMC is bad, since the other one works.

hmm, maybe check out #gp32 on efnet and use GPS2 to get your PDUID and download a new freelauncher it's possible (although unlikely) that the launcher is encrypted to the SMC not the GP32... search back for threads on freelauncher (I know I've given directions for this about 2-3 times myself)

You could also try and use the working SMC to flash your GP32 to the new Euro fw BUT it's not for the faint of heart and should be done with fresh batteries because you could ruin your GP32 if you mess it up.

aQwaBlaz3: SMC not SD... just thought I'd point that out ;)

I suspect that the SMC that doesn't work is formatted incorrectly.
You could try Slubman's firware, the one you can execute without flashing the firware. There is a format utility that can be used. Just don't forget to swap the SMCs before formatting.
Then from your PC, don't forget to copy system files as the freelauncher.
But again, the best solution is to updgrade your firmware.

SCTW posted on Oct 20 2005 at 02:54 AM said:
Hello,

I just got my [used] GP32. It's the one with the orange background menu. It came with 2 SMC cards. When I use one of the SMC cards, everything works fine. With the other SMC card, I can't load anything. Not the movie viewer, nor the launcher. If anyone can point me in the right directions or provide steps on how to get it working I would *REALLY* appreciate it.

I tried formatting it, and copying files over from my other SMC using GP32 Manager, but so far no luck.

Thanks in advance.
but you do have freelauncher on the smc that is not working?

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks to everyone for their response and help.

I got it sorted out and working. Hooka, your response (From ANOTHE RPOST) is the one that did the trick. Thanks!

Back