Just Got My Gp2X

4LPH4 W0LF

Still Fresh
My first impressions were
1. Alot smaller than i pictured
2. Feels less sturdy than i thought
buttons feel low-er quality

neds to run to the store and buy some NiMH batteries, i only have 60% dead Alkalines.

Gruntfuggly said:
You might want to get your self a PSU - batteries in the GP2X will drive you nuts...
A 4 pack of enloop batteries is the perfect companion to the gp2x. You might also want to buy an el-cheapo tiger lcd game and cut out the springs in the battery compartment and wrap it around the neg terminal of the battery connectors (one for each one) to maintain battery connection (a MAJOR problem with the gp2x).

Last edited by a moderator:
christo930 said:
Gruntfuggly said:
You might want to get your self a PSU - batteries in the GP2X will drive you nuts...
A 4 pack of enloop batteries is the perfect companion to the gp2x. You might also want to buy an el-cheapo tiger lcd game and cut out the springs in the battery compartment and wrap it around the neg terminal of the battery connectors (one for each one) to maintain battery connection (a MAJOR problem with the gp2x).
thanks, will do. might have some type of Tiger LCD (stands for Liquidized Crap Deffinatly in Tigers Case) sitting around somewhere. Should I get a pack of NiHM Batteries with a charger for my GP2X? or is there something better?

4LPH4 W0LF said:
christo930 said:
Gruntfuggly said:
thanks, will do. might have some type of Tiger LCD (stands for Liquidized Crap Deffinatly in Tigers Case) sitting around somewhere. Should I get a pack of NiHM Batteries with a charger for my GP2X? or is there something better?
The best thing I know of is the rechargeable batteries that come pre-charged, but some people are saying the new 1.6v rechargeables are good.

Chris

christo930 said:
4LPH4 W0LF said:
christo930 said:
Gruntfuggly said:
The best thing I know of is the rechargeable batteries that come pre-charged, but some people are saying the new 1.6v rechargeables are good.

Chris
thanks for the info!

ok, I need help. i got it to run (finally), but it wont connect to my computer when its in usb mode. any helps? (p.s. ive tried on 2 computers)

I had the same trouble when I got my GP2X, it's a bit hit and miss.

It's easier to use an SD card reader on your PC and write to that then put the SD card in the GP2X (switched off).
Or, try another USB cable.

Good luck.

Back