Just A Little Tribute Video

Cool video. I was absent right after the project was starting to get discussed, came back when it was called 'the craiginator' and left again after it started to get really serious, came back quite a bit ago...

Zeno Arrow said:
Nice vid Phawx. One question, where did you find the image seen at 0:08? Not seen it before.
What are you doing RIGHT now?

Thanks for the video, by the way. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism: I wish it was a bit more detailed to give a better sense of the journey. Maybe it'd be too much, but I was expecting to see the following as I found them notable in the Pandora story:

-The very first blog post ever (unpopulated MK1 board)
-Craig's first video of the Pandora hardware running
-zodttd's PSX video showing FF7 running at well over full speed
-ED's dramatic preview rendering video of the early Pandora design
-ED's USB and sound video
-MWeston's analog nub replacement video followed by the video demonstration of the new nub
-Pictures of the wifi/bluetooth chips
-Pictures of the bent boards that were sent to MWeston
-Pictures of the MK2 board
-Pictures of the first finished keymats

I was also hoping that it'd contain all the renders we went through (from the very first, ugly white one to the latest one) and that everything in the video would be in chronological order (for example, the IFA 2008 Pandora video happened well after MWeston's plastic base video).

Though I guess that all of these could make the video a bit too long and then the song couldn't be used. Cool video, regardless.

Last edited by a moderator:
Zeno Arrow said:
Thank you Azure. Surprised that the keypad in that old image looks more complete than the one we have ATM, but I guess it was a non-functional mock-up.
That was the old design: having hard plastic buttons on top of the mat. The new design is just the mat with a special hard coating on the tops. The current design makes pandora easier to assemble and will probably last longer because of less moving parts among other problems. I'd imagine its cheaper too.

Azure said:
Zeno Arrow said:
Nice vid Phawx. One question, where did you find the image seen at 0:08? Not seen it before.
What are you doing RIGHT now?

Thanks for the video, by the way. If you don't mind a little constructive criticism: I wish it was a bit more detailed to give a better sense of the journey. Maybe it'd be too much, but I was expecting to see the following as I found them notable in the Pandora story:

-The very first blog post ever (unpopulated MK1 board)
-Craig's first video of the Pandora hardware running
-zodttd's PSX video showing FF7 running at well over full speed
-ED's dramatic preview rendering video of the early Pandora design
-ED's USB and sound video
-MWeston's analog nub replacement video followed by the video demonstration of the new nub
-Pictures of the wifi/bluetooth chips
-Pictures of the bent boards that were sent to MWeston
-Pictures of the MK2 board
-Pictures of the first finished keymats

I was also hoping that it'd contain all the renders we went through (from the very first, ugly white one to the latest one) and that everything in the video would be in chronological order (for example, the IFA 2008 Pandora video happened well after MWeston's plastic base video).

Though I guess that all of these could make the video a bit too long and then the song couldn't be used. Cool video, regardless.

I've already started with your suggestions, but thank you for charting it out for me. It will make gathering a lot easier.

And yes, I totally agree with you. The videos will have to be chopped up quite a bit and shortened but I have 1:59 until I wanted to do the "tranzfers" part and than at 2:32 it picks back up and I will probably wait for the "official final" version of the Pandora. So literally expect this to come out when we get that last video.

Trust me, when I was looking it over, I realized that I shouldn't have rushed it out in 2 hours. Same song will be playing, but I am going to try and match up the song as best I can and as far as Windows Movie Maker will let me.

Why hasn't FOSS software bested at least WMM yet? Can anyone recommend a decent FOSS editing app?

If you have the time, you could read the Mother Thread for pre-blog, pre-forum discussions (before we even saw pictures of the Pandora). It's a really really long read, but it has some serious history encoded within. :)

Yea, I'll go through it. Thanks!

Also, if anyone else can provide links for some of the historic events, I would greatly appreciate it.

mazza558 said:
Finally downloaded - great video. The ending with all the devs is good.

You should update it as we go along, and as soon as the Pandora's finished and manufactured, release the updated video.
+1000 I normally hate tribute vids but this one rocks :D

Personally I think that this would be good as a Pandora test video if it were saved in a few different formats.

so is 'how far we've come' going to be the next "good riddance"?
i mean, shit, that song was in EVERY montage, when i left a camp as a kid they had it, when they did a presentation of the year at their business they had it, for one of my classes...

Iorgy77 said:
PoisonedV said:
when i left a camp as a kid they had it
How old are you? :huh:

18... considering the song was released in 1997 or 1994, i don't see how my age is relevant

Good Video. :)

Phawx said:
Yea, I am definitely going to produce a Tribute V2 video. There's much more that I want to add now.

Going to start chronologically collate everything.

Going to be awhile for it though. I will release the next one around shipping time.
I also can imagine that there could be some seconds for some of the fan-made drawings/images of how the Pandora could look, at a time, that thing was only known as "craiginator" and noone from the Comunity had an Idea of how the Device would look like. :) We had many Suggestions from Users, alot of intersting and fun stuff. ^_^

Finally watched it, enjoyed it far more than I thought I would. Great job.

Looking forward to the next version, I don't think I can add anything to Azure's suggestions. :)

PoisonedV said:
Iorgy77 said:
PoisonedV said:
when i left a camp as a kid they had it
How old are you? :huh:

18... considering the song was released in 1997 or 1994, i don't see how my age is relevant

Thought you were talking about the matchbox20 song not the greenday one.

@PV
Yea, I agree.

@cosurgi

Youtube mutes the audio when I up it. If I mess with the audio track it would make it but I will try other video streaming services.

@Everyone Else

I apologize for releasing this vid in the state that I have. I think the next version I come out with is going to be diluted because of it.

So I have a few editing tricks up my sleeve that should up the bar considerably.

The next version will be *much* better. But I want to wait until we get a video of the production model.

Thanks for the input!

Back