Is There Support For Zipped Rom's In Psx4pandora?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jakshep2

Website
Visit site
like the title says, really. it would be a great help, epecially with the size of the iso's, which are around 500MB per game. It solves storage problems and can save a lot of memory.
:D :pandora1:

jakshep2 said:
like the title says, really. it would be a great help, epecially with the size of the iso's, which are around 500MB per game. It solves storage problems and can save a lot of memory.
You've never heard of CSO files then, or PSP eboots. :)

More info lives here.

Last edited by a moderator:
jakshep2 said:
Not that much related to thread or have much info on Pandora but title drew my interest. Is it even possible in pc emulators ? I have heard and tried to use mooby's cdr plugin years ago (which is abandoned for loong time) but it gave a black screen and seemed there was almost zero info -and interest ; strangely on this topic anywhere.

Strange to think that psx games are huge and can have a great compress ratio ; even with ripped games they can drop over 10 mb.

Last edited by a moderator:
This really isn't a developer's topic. Moved to general.

What's more, there have been discussions galore on what formats psx4pandora will take, and it broadly comes down to:
- eBoots (because they're easy to add, and do a decent job of compression)
- whatever PocketIso outputs
- possibly cso (I can't remember what the eventual result was on that front - it may have been "if it's easy to add" or it may have been yes).

NOT zip, rar, because they compress in the wrong way for mounting as a spoofed CD (as a whole file rather than in sectors).

You've also got the link from Lurkio to give you more detail. Consequently, as a fully answered topic in the wrong section, locked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back