In ear headphones

Garrett

Advanced Member
Can people suggest some decent ones for use with the Pandora, nothing too high end/pricey.

I'll mostly be using them for music whilst I'm out & about.

Cheers.

What's your budget?

High end pricey is $100 to some people while people like myself who will be deaf before I die pay a little extra to take advantage of what I can hear now. Some people buy guns, I buy ear candy.

I buy mine at the dollar store. They cost $1. 3/4 of them are garbage, so technically I guess I pay on average $4 for a surprisingly good set of headphones every six months or so.

What's your budget?

High end pricey is $100 to some people while people like myself who will be deaf before I die pay a little extra to take advantage of what I can hear now. Some people buy guns, I buy ear candy.

Preferably £50 or under, so I'm guessing the brands I would consider high end: Denon, Sennheiser, Shure etc are all off limits.

I tend not to listen to music via these sort of headphones that often, so my experience with them is limited & any advice/recommendations would be most welcome.

Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd recommend something by Koss regarding earbuds.

If you want real headphones at that price, Grado SR60s, but these are huge and hard to walk around town with.

I have a pair of Sennheiser CX-300 (I think). Bought for 50 euro and love them to death. Right ear bud cable longer than the left so they can be worn with cable at the left side of the chest and the right bud's cable runs across the back of the head and out of the way. Tangle-free cable. This is their 2nd best feature after the audio. I hate untangling earbuds and these don't tangle at all. It's like the cable has a life of its own! I've owned them for 4 years and they're still going strong doing double duty on my mp3 player and Pandora.

Edit: Cable is called asymmetrical. Couldn't remember it before posting.

I buy mine at the dollar store. They cost $1. 3/4 of them are garbage, so technically I guess I pay on average $4 for a surprisingly good set of headphones every six months or so.
I got some at the pound shop to keep me on when my old one's broke and bought some for £5 a week or two later when my money came in. I honestly preferred the sound from the cheapest pair.

A decent pair can be bought for about £8 at most places. I've learnt that any that say at least 98db signal to noise ratio on the back are good enough for most things :)

The best set I ever had were some Sony ones that I got off ebay for about £20. Those lasted about 9 months before the rubber coating started to corrode and crumble.

RESURRECTION!

Digging this up as I need some quick feedback from the audiophiles here.

Need to get some in-ear earphones.

I had my eye on the Beats Audio Monster/Dr Dre collaboration ones.

Specifically, the iBeats and the Tour models.

I then decided the iBeats over the Tour, from a few reviews I read, it came up a couple of times that the iBeats sit inside the ear nicer.

So I am looking at these:

http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/beats-by-dr-dre-ibeats-headphones-black-08519181-pdt.html

And for the same price, I saw these ones:

http://www.currys.co.uk/gbuk/monster-turbine-headphones-black-03758061-pdt.html

Which are also by Monster, so I suspect they are much the same as the iBeats ones just without the Dre sponsor...

Those ones are actually down from £130

This makes me think these ones are actually better than the iBeats ones.

Anyone know about these, £80 is my top top end, can't put more than that on a pair.

Does the Beats Audio that Dre brings with his branding offer much more over the other [non Dre] Monster earphones?

cheers

NO! BAD! STOP! DONT TOUCH THAT! BAD FZERO!

stick to quality at fair price like sennheiser, koss, grado, etc.

while stuff like Beats, Soul, Street/Sync, Bose are all quality headphones, youd be amazed by the quality you can get for their price range

Neodymium HD acoustic drivers ... That's what you want, right?

I have found 3 pairs,

These, but are aimed at i-devices and won't be used with any.

Klipsch

http://www.m.richersounds.com/product/headphones/klipsch/image-s4i/klip-s4i

These which are half price so I guess a slightly better pair, but have a AA for noise cancelling and I'm thinking bit weighty, and heard that when the AA runs dead you can't use them at all.

Denon

http://www.m.richersounds.com/product/headphones/denon/ahnc600/deno-ahnc600-blk

And these, which are probably the best, these have the neodymium stuff going on, and they were Best in-ears £80-£140 What Hi-Fi Sound & Vision Awards 2011

Beyerdynamic

http://www.m.richersounds.com/product/headphones/beyerdynamic/mmx101ie/beye-mmx101ie

These are the best of the 3 eh, sound like good for bass?

Buy the pair that you like, they have to fit your ears perfectly and if they does, use them.

I tried everything, really everything up to 350€ Shures in the local hifi shop and the only pair that fits my ears perfectly was from Shure, the other ones felt of or just fit in one ear, for example the B&W i had to pus up a little bit with my finger to get them working.

So, just try and pick your favorite, no one can tell you what is good for your Ears!

These are a gift so can't really try them out, I was reading on another forum last night though about how important the right 'bud' is, and how you wont appreciate the optimum performance of your earphones without the correct fitting buds.

I think I'm going to go with the Beyerdynamic ones, the What Hi-Fi award has swayed me towards them.

Then he can pick up a pair of buds himself if the included ones are not ideal. You can buy other brand buds and attach them on I believe, so if you like the Sony buds for example they should still fit on ok.

They look nicer too IMO, than the red of the iBeats ones I was looking at

I tried to get them ones, Richer Sounds have only about 10 pairs left and they are not selling them online, you have to go to the stores and my local ones don't have the stock, would be a trek to go and get these.

Other online places are not with the saving, bit gutted, I'm checking some others still

I don't like Sony earbuds. They sound very tinny, and leak audio quite badly.

When I saw the title of this topic, I was thinking of an actual surgery that put speakers in your ears.

Back