I Fixed Some Term2X Problems If Anyone Is Interested

rookie.mp

Still Fresh
Before I begin let me just say something about myself really quickly: My name is Matt, I'm a highschooler, I enjoy programming above all else.

Anyway, I recently got the caanoo, and the first thing I did was install Term2x on it. The first thing that I noticed was that the text starts a row high, and that it was nearly impossible to see from the top (this might just be a defect of my Caanoo, but I'm guessing it's not). The other is that it would not support properly support the shift key, and that I could not get the ':' character no matter how hard I tried. Well, I fixed these two problems, and I figured someone else may be having the sames ones. If any of you guys would like I can post the fix here along with a compiled binary, but I won't unless there is some interest (just 1 reply is enough).

u9i said:
Where can i find this terminal program? The only thing i have found is termula2x.
Sorry, I was abbreviating. The program is indeed called Termula2x.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi rookie,

i would like to have these fixes. Please upload them to the archive maybe? I don't have my caanoo right now as "it's in the shop for repairs" so to speak. But termula2x is also one of the first programs i installed.

/Uni

in order to get termlua2x working fine with usb keyboard i had to fix the termlua2x.ini file and set the usbkeyboard parameter to 'auto' :

usbkeyboard=auto

If you don't set this parameter properly, you will have a very strange keyboard mapping with many keys missing.

Hey guys:
Sorry I haven't been able to read any of your replies, I'll post the fixes as soon as I get home from school today.

dude, i've fixed termlua2x in order to get it to work without the keyboard, and fixed also the usb keyboard issue i've found. I do plan to release it asap too.

I also added a parameter to move the first row down a specified number, in case that was an issue for anyone other than me.

Ah, here we go:
http://www.mediafire.com/?zvj3c6l2bwpbtqo
What was changed:
- Added a giant switch statement to correctly handle shifts in all cases.
- By default the touchscreen keyboard is removed.
- Added a parameter (which can be changed in the init file) called row_offset, that moves the starting row down by a number specified. This is because I couldn't see the first line on my device

I'm not sure if I dragged the compiled binaries over to the correct folders, but I probably did. row_offset is not defined in the included init so you'll have to set it yourself. One usually works for.

Back