I downsized Ah! My Goddess to 9 megs..

IntenseWage

Website
Visit site
I love Mania GP (Ah My Goddess) but the fact that it's 30 megs kept it off my SMC, so I decided to take a shot at downsizing it. I made a 1 byte text file and renamed it repeatedly to match the music files of the game, then replaced the music files with the fakes. Brought the whole game down to about 9 megs and it works great, sans music. I'm making a GP32 site and I know there are other people who like this game and have the same problem...do you think I should put it up for download or just put a tutorial or something? I don't think it's really a heavy alteration to the game, anyone can do it.

Oh, well, I'm just saying that I could either put up an alternate download to the regular version or a tutorial on my site, since I'm guessing not everyone will see this post. Just a thought.

Speaking of which, does anyone know where I can download a working version of this? The only version I found (on GP32news) refuses to install.

My site's going up soon and it will be available for download there, and I guess I'll put the smaller version up for download, too. The only other place to get it is K2yaa's site, but it's extremely slow, something like 1-2 kb a second. I should have my place up in a day or two, I'll come back and tell you when it's online.

IntenseWage posted on Sep 29 2003 at 05:54 PM said:
My site's going up soon and it will be available for download there, and I guess I'll put the smaller version up for download, too. The only other place to get it is K2yaa's site, but it's extremely slow, something like 1-2 kb a second. I should have my place up in a day or two, I'll come back and tell you when it's online.
That Great. Good Job on downsizing it to 9 megs. This game rocks and is a lot of fun but I don't keep it on my GP32 because it too big.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back