I Am New

dusk

Still Fresh
Website
Visit site
I ordered my first GP2X, the F-200, about the time it came out, and even before then had intended, and had, in fact, been working on, making games for it. I have continued working on my game for it without knowing how to compile, because it seems to me it shouldn't be a very daunting task... merely one I will have to inquire about. To that end, I am here, now, asking, how do I compile programs for the GP2X... where do I find libraries for the GP2X... and how do I compile libraries for the GP2X? I am a Xubuntu Linux user, coding in C++, though I doubt that my exact distro is information relevant to compiling for the GP2X.

Dusk said:
I ordered my first GP2X, the F-200, about the time it came out, and even before then had intended, and had, in fact, been working on, making games for it. I have continued working on my game for it without knowing how to compile, because it seems to me it shouldn't be a very daunting task... merely one I will have to inquire about. To that end, I am here, now, asking, how do I compile programs for the GP2X... where do I find libraries for the GP2X... and how do I compile libraries for the GP2X? I am a Xubuntu Linux user, coding in C++, though I doubt that my exact distro is information relevant to compiling for the GP2X.
A linux toolchain should be in the archive (should contain some common libs like SDL). If you are using SDL, you could test compile with your x86 linux, if you install the needed libs and gcc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Dusk said:
I have continued working on my game for it without knowing how to compile, because it seems to me it shouldn't be a very daunting task...

When I started reading your post I was worried that you were new to programming and hadn't yet compiled you code at all. :eek: "oh i'm sure it'll all compile without errors when i've finished my game and decide to compile it for the first time" ;)

Anyway, I recently set up the open2x dev toolchain after trying others - was a breeze, easy to install wherever you like so no problems switching between compiling for pc and gp2x

Last edited by a moderator:
Back