How much data storage do you fill on your Pandora?

Nardella

As I'm considering what memory card to buy I'm curious how much storage space some of you are using.

PND

Audio

Video

Roms

Other

It really depends on how much of the below you're wanting to have. For example, how many music files, games, video (music or movie or short film?).

PND

Audio

Video

Roms

Other

I, myself use a 32GB, which is enough for 5000 or so games, but that's all.

Last edited by a moderator:
At the moment, I'm using about 8GB and I can't really imagine using more.

My PND collection (I'm fairly new -- got the device about 10 days ago) is 1.2GB, most of which is Frogatto and Wesnoth.

Most of my ROMs are in the megabyte range -- Playstation images are obviously the thing that takes up the most space, especially for multi-disc games.

As for audio/video, very little. Most that I have is just to show it off as a audio and video player, not as much for consumption; just now how I use the device much.

For the most part, it's just a matter of what you want to be able to carry around with you on an SD card at all times. My card is 16GB, and I can't imagine ever coming close to that limit myself; but if you want music and lots of PSX images on there you should be able to estimate what you need.

I think it depends on your usage patterns, but I'm using two 32GB cards - one SanDisk Class 4 (a very reliable card that works perfectly with the Pandora) for my novel, some assorted images and PDFs, PNDs, and games, and one Verbatim Class 6 HD Video "Premium" card (a card that doesn't play nice with the Pandora no matter what filesystem it's formatted with, but which seems to be safe enough for read-only usage) which contains my entire music collection (it's nice to have it all on a second device, without having to hand-pick what I might or might not want to listen to).

The majority of space on the SanDisk card is being taken up by disc-images I've ripped from the CD-based systems in my collection, even though these don't constitute the majority of the files on the card.

I started out with a 32GB SD card and thought it was more than enough!

That all changed when I began collecting Playstation 1 games not so long ago... Those things are huge! :blink:

Also, I would recommend a decent capacity flash drive and a massive external Hard Drive.

Keep all your movies on the hard drive - if you are traveling or are away from a power source, you can load up the flash drive with movies and delete them when you're done.

The hard drive is also useful for backing up your Roms/PNDs/music/downloads/etc.

Don't make the mistake I did of not backing up - a couple of days ago I lost almost all the data on my 32GB Card for some unexplained reason.

The current storage I use for my Pandora:

1 x 32GB SD Card. (stays in my Pandora - Primary drive)

1 x 8GB MicroSD in an SD Adapter. (stays in my Pandora - Secondary drive)

1 x 4GB MicroSD in a USB MicroSD Card Reader. (I usually load this with media as I need it)

1 x 2GB MicroSD that can be used in the above reader or adapter if needed.

1 x 1GB MicroSD that I intend to turn into a swap drive.

1 x 1TB Ext. Hard Drive

1 x 4GB Flash Drive (quick and easy transfer of data between my computer/s and Pandora)

When I have the cash I would like to get a 64GB SD Card to replace my primary drive, so the 32GB can become my seconday... the 8GB will then be for media.

I have 2 4s and 1 16gig. Almost completely full. I plan on buying a 32 soon. One of the 4s is mostly full with all of my PNDs and well over 1000 NES/SNES/Genesis/GB/GBA games. And the 16gig is full of PSX isos that I change out as I beat the different games, and about 1/4 of my music library.

Depeding on what you plan on doing you could need anywhere from 4-128gigs, it just depends :) . I wish I had the money for two 64s. =/

As FaeMinx has already touched on regarding games, I think PSOne games are the only ones that take up too much room, for obvious reasons of course.

As FaeMinx has already touched on regarding games, I think PSOne games are the only ones that take up too much room, for obvious reasons of course.
Yup... I have 10.5 games totalling 6.4gigs. (Only have disc 1 of Parasite Eve 2 because I haven't started it yet). I really wish i could just have every game like I do for NES/SNES... Every game I own, I mean ;) .

2 x 32gb Verbatim Class 6 SDHC Cards, one named GAMES and one named MUSIC. The Music one also has ScummVM games and PS One Games and also Some movies.

1 x 32gb USB Thumb Drive for all other things.

You can't have too much capacity and I bet you will always need more than you think, in the long run.

Cheers!

Between 2 16gig cards I'm using about 22gigs right now.

I have 8gb + 16gb and really need upgrade but as said above if you dont want psx/videos on it you would do with less but, many PNDs are under 10mb and snes roms and such are a few mb,, buy the biggest you can afford :D

I'm using 12GB? Really? I didn't realize it was that much, but it adds up slowly. Largest chunk, taking over 3GB, is in the form of ScummVM games. I had no idea I had so many. I should really start playing these things. :p

PNDs and appdata (Quake files, etc...) take up a few more GB.

A few hundred MP3s (small collection) and a couple of videos fill in the rest.

Well, I haven't actually had my Pandora for too long (about three or four weeks). Right now I have a 32GB card and an 8GB card. I don't have my Pandora with me at the moment (accidentally walked out the door without it this morning :( ), but I'm using somewhere around half of each card. My music takes up around 4GB (maybe a bit more), and I have a movie and a Doctor Who episode ("Blink"). The biggest space takers, though, are CD games. Sega CD and PC Engine/TurboGrafx Super CD games are what I have the most of (although I have a couple of Playstation games on there as well). Actually, I haven't put a lot of my Super CD games on there yet, so that could really fill up some space when I do.

Well, I haven't actually had my Pandora for too long (about three or four weeks). Right now I have a 32GB card and an 8GB card. I don't have my Pandora with me at the moment (accidentally walked out the door without it this morning :( ), but I'm using somewhere around half of each card. My music takes up around 4GB (maybe a bit more), and I have a movie and a Doctor Who episode ("Blink"). The biggest space takers, though, are CD games. Sega CD and PC Engine/TurboGrafx Super CD games are what I have the most of (although I have a couple of Playstation games on there as well). Actually, I haven't put a lot of my Super CD games on there yet, so that could really fill up some space when I do.

The angels have the phone box?

The angels have the phone box?
That's the one. :)

Back