Hey Guys Check It Out! New Ipad Killer! Android Tablet Only &#

obiwan22

http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.37867

also known as the apad

I have done my research and concluded that this android tablet is very cool!

It is a Chinese knockoff of the apple ipad and it runs Anroid 1.5-1.7 OS.

It has a webcamera for skype and conference calls, music, video, youtube, android apps and the best part!

ITS ONLY $150.

BTW, its now sold in KMART(USA STORE) for $150 under the name Augen Gentablet!

Im getting it! It can run GBA, snes, nes and more!

obiwan22 said:
Yes, but on a touchscreen? Yuck. It doesn't have multitouch, so how will that even work?

obiwan22 said:
I have done my research and concluded that this android tablet is very cool!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it seems it has an USB OTG port (doesn't say on the page, but the included adaptor suggests as much) So if there is software support, you could connect a gamepad. Still, the Caanoo will brobably be more powerful than this for games. Might be neat for webbrowsing if you absolutely need to use a tablet for that.

Urgh, you will never kill the iPad with a plastic resistive screen.

well guys you get what you paid for it.

for only $150 you can get 3 of them for a price of an ipad(still doesnt cost as much as ipad)

also, the usb you can connect gamepads, flashdrives and hardrives.

it also comes with skype with the webcamera built in

whats best about it is that you can emulators from the android community

I'd rather have an eye patch, but they're not quite as cool. :(

eyepatch-love.jpg

obiwan22 said:
DealExtreme URL
I don't like where this is going.
obiwan22 said:
It is a Chinese knockoff of the apple ipad and it runs Android 1.5-1.7 OS.
Clearly. Aren't they already on Android 2.2 or 2.3?
obiwan22 said:
It has a webcamera for skype and conference calls, music, video, youtube, android apps and the best part!
but not a keyboard, mouse, or useful form factor, because it's an iPad ripoff. The worst of both worlds?
obiwan22 said:
I'm sorry.

Can't the Wiz or even a netbook do all those things, and have actual controls, too? Aside from the Android applications which can't be that useful. And its OS is a whole major version behind. Hell, if you're in tablet-land, just get a netbook.

lulzfish said:
obiwan22 said:
DealExtreme URL
I don't like where this is going.
obiwan22 said:
It is a Chinese knockoff of the apple ipad and it runs Android 1.5-1.7 OS.
Clearly. Aren't they already on Android 2.2 or 2.3?
obiwan22 said:
but not a keyboard, mouse, or useful form factor, because it's an iPad ripoff. The worst of both worlds?
obiwan22 said:
I'm sorry.

Can't the Wiz or even a netbook do all those things, and have actual controls, too? Aside from the Android applications which can't be that useful. And its OS is a whole major version behind. Hell, if you're in tablet-land, just get a netbook.

I recommend paying a little more for this one;
http://www.ownta.com/moonse-apad-fe-7001-with-android-2.1-wifi-and-hdmi-output-function.html
odds of getting an upgrade from 1.5 are slim and none there.

The Odroid is your best bet for an Android tablet with gaming controls. I'm going to get me one of those when I can afford it.

Nova said:
The Odroid is your best bet for an Android tablet with gaming controls. I'm going to get me one of those when I can afford it.

As far as I can tell Odroid-T doesn't have gaming controls, just a capacitive touchscreen and 3 buttons. Odroid and Odroid-S are, quite obviously, not tablets.

Exophase said:
Nova said:

As far as I can tell Odroid-T doesn't have gaming controls, just a capacitive touchscreen and 3 buttons. Odroid and Odroid-S are, quite obviously, not tablets.

I would consider them mini internet tablets. Just as the Dell Streak is also considered a tablet.

Dell Streak is quite a bit bigger than Odroid/Odroid-S.. but still comes off as little more than a slightly larger than usual phone. I kinda wonder what would qualify Odroid as a tablet and not say, iPod Touch, or for that matter, even Wiz or Caanoo. If anything, a resolution of 480x320 is severely lacking by tablet standards.

It's a semantic argument. I feel if you can comfortably browse with a finger, it's a tablet. You clearly don't, so we will agree to disagree.

(naw)mcx said:
Sphinxter said:
Nova said:

They are so awesome.

img_0682.jpg

Seeing those controls makes me cry :(

I assume that's not Android 2.1, either?

Form follows function, guess you never loved a wonderswan either and it's android 2.2.

If your set on an Android tablet check this one out. http://www.flatcomputing.com/
It's more expensive but it's way cheaper than an iPad, or an Odroid for that matter and the specs are a lot better. You'll also get updates unlike that cheap one. But if it's mostly games you want, go with the Odroid.

Back