Hexen II ..wad?

C

CocoCreekFisherman

Playing Hexen 1 successfully with proper .wad files, etc..but cannot start up Hexen 2. thought they were same .wad files other than a texture file i searched for and found that did not help.

ANy support would be cherished. ;)

Thanks in advance.

Hexen and Hexen:Deathkings of the dark citadel (a sequel but not no.2) run under the same engine, but Hexen 2 is more sophisticated (early 3D accelerated title) and runs under a different engine, it's not been updated for a long time and seems to only be available from the older site:

Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,66

If you do a Hexen 2 search on this forum, you'll see there are a few outstanding issues with it, but that's the PND you're looking for!

Unless you are actual referring to the Deathkings wad? If so it should work, it did for me - it does require it to be the latest patched version (which you'd have to do with an install on the PC if the one you have is older) - but even the unpatched version should start, but with some messed up textures and a propensity to crash..

Last edited by a moderator:
Hexen and Hexen:Deathkings of the dark citadel (a sequel but not no.2) run under the same engine, but Hexen 2 is more sophisticated (early 3D accelerated title) and runs under a different engine, it's not been updated for a long time and seems to only be available from the older site:

Hexen II: Hammer of Thyrion

http://dl.openhandhelds.org/cgi-bin/pandora.cgi?0,0,0,0,30,66

If you do a Hexen 2 search on this forum, you'll see there are a few outstanding issues with it, but that's the PND you're looking for!

Unless you are actual referring to the Deathkings wad? If so it should work, it did for me - it does require it to be the latest patched version (which you'd have to do with an install on the PC if the one you have is older) - but even the unpatched version should start, but with some messed up textures and a propensity to crash..
Thank you sir...that was the right .pnd version i needed.

Does start up ! During and after 1st stage crashes on me as you noted . Very jaggy.

Too bad it couldn't be a ReMooD  :(

Last edited:
Back